Need Help With Custom Abilities

E

Erik Valdr

I am trying to make a Hero Arena-style map with some custom heroes with their own unique abilities but I am having some problems. One of the abilities I would like to create would be an aura that reduces the armor of nearby enemies, but I am having trouble finding a buff/effect that reduces armor. I tried using Faerie Fire but when other units are in the area they get the buff but their armor doesn't change at all. I don't want to use Acid Bomb because it does damage. I tried to create a custom buff off those abilities but I didn't see any variables for how much armor they reduced or damage or anything. I have seen items that reduce the armor of enemies in some maps, how can I create a buff or effect like that for my map?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
well how about a negitive devotion aroua? just set the armor bomus to negitive and targets to enimies (if i can remember you hold shift and click to make it negitive)

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I am trying to make a Hero Arena-style map with some custom heroes with their own unique abilities but I am having some problems. One of the abilities I would like to create would be an aura that reduces the armor of nearby enemies, but I am having trouble finding a buff/effect that reduces armor. I tried using Faerie Fire but when other units are in the area they get the buff but their armor doesn't change at all. I don't want to use Acid Bomb because it does damage. I tried to create a custom buff off those abilities but I didn't see any variables for how much armor they reduced or damage or anything. I have seen items that reduce the armor of enemies in some maps, how can I create a buff or effect like that for my map?

Please post in the World Edit Help Zone, you'll get more views and faster replies.

Like how PSiblade said, make a Devotion Aura and set it to negavite values.

You: How do you you do that?

Hold Shift and click on the armor value field, then set it to -_.__. The underlines mean that you have to set it a value, such as 1.00.

You: No, I mean the buff, that's what I want.

Okay, get a buff that has a red text (So it's not green which makes it look like a positive). For example, make a custom buff off of Cripple. Change the icon, name, and information from the custom buff. Go back to your armor reduction ability and remove the buff it currently has (If you have Devotion Aura, take out Devotion Aura's buff and replace it with your custom buff).

E

Erik Valdr

Ahhhh, shift click! Thank you. I originally tried to make a Devotion Aura with a negative armor bonus but I thought that 0 was the minimum.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.