ORPG save files?

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where is the save file that is created when saving the game in a ORPG and how is it called? +rep for help

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you mean with the -save command?

Moocow1569

Reaction score
I think he means, when you save a game online it saves your Game and players, so he wants to re-play the game so he can cheat to the max level, money, lumber, or w/e.

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
i mean when you play an ORPG map, when you type -save and it gives you a code, that you then load.It creates the file, in which there are the gameplay achievements you made.
My problem is that i have saved character in Twilight's Eve ORPG and i want to play it, but i have raised the character to level 270 on patch 1.24. But now im playing on another server, thats on patch 1.21c and i have the 1.24 version with the save, but i need to move ONLY THE SAVE file to the 1.21c version. So thats what I ask - how is the save file named and how can i find it?

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
It creates the file, in which there are the gameplay achievements you made.

there is no file.

when you type save, the game gives you a code that has values 'equal' to the achievements/settings you made.

when you retype the code, you basically set everything to what you have done the last time.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
Then why cant i load from the new version of WC3, but it still works on the old one?

the coding for warcraft mapping drastically changed from 1.21 to 1.24.

the author probably changed the code save algorithms and it doesnt work for 1.21.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
As far as I can remember, Twilight's Eve supports loading from their different game versions. Have you tried reading the different load uses? You can use old load codes by using -load2 <code> -load3 <code> something like that.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
The version of Twilgihts eve from 1.21 is several versions different from 1.24. There is -load3 for older version, however. You cannot skip a large amount of versions and still load, you would have to save Point A, load again at Point B, and save using B's new save algorithms, and Load at Point C.

My archsage still needs to use -load3. Because i never bothered to save on the new version, because i usually get D/Ced, if twilgihts eve was optimized in JASS instead of all GUI, it wouldnt be a problem.

RED BARON

Reaction score
My way of solving that is taking a "version of the map" that allows single player, then recreate the old character and save it.. so on.. works like a charm.

But at any rate you would never be able to load in older versions of the map as several changes have been made... And why not just host the newest version on the server your playing on?

But you can only load from the latest map before the one your playing. Any older (if its an older save you can just load, save.. enter newer version, do that same and so on until you reach the version you need) or newer and the trick above is the only way to go. But it is indeed a real trouble that it was made like that. (But then again not many are playing that map anymore :( )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.