Status
Not open for further replies.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
corvusHaunt said:
Oh, look! I'm such a dork because I think I'm cool! :shades: :cool:

(By the way, Alexander kicks ass! He's my favorite Mod! ALEXANDER FOR ADMIN!)

Aw, why thank you :)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Cornface said:
Yay! :D Finally reached 75 rep. Now it's just to hope...

You Shall Never Be Picked.. NEVERRRRR!!! :p.

corvus and Alexander seem to be getting on really well lately.. Alexander's acting.. a little.. too nice *suspicious*

(yes I know, corvus, you're generally in a good mood, and have been for a few days, hooray :)).

..lol.

~Jindo

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Jo.O said:
The Helper raised/lowered it manually for people he thought deserved it.

And if you're me, you just get repped about 180 every week :/ :p (Well, it gets me closer to that black box quicker I guess :rolleyes:.).

~Jindo

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
DDRtists said:
The black box is for admins, no? o.0

Darn, that sucks >.<.

This means.. I will have to stay here for another decade :eek:.

(I don't wanna be a mod or admin, because it means cleaning up after other people's spam, deleting and locking threads, etc, I wish people could just obey the rules, then we wouldn't need mods).

~Jindo

W

Wazat

Okay, I've read this entire thread and still haven't found an answer to my questions. I'm hoping you folks can help me out.

1. Is there any way to see my previous reputation points? The only place I'm seeing is in the User CP, which lists only one feedback at this time and I'm at dead 0. I need to know what I've done that's bad (if anything) so I can fix it in the future. :(

2. Is there a FAQ somewhere that describes the rules of reputation and instructions on how to view it, distribute it, when to do so, etc? If not, I would recommend making one. I couldn't find anything in the FAQ search, and reading this entire thread is really difficult for someone who needs help with a specific question (there's a lot of fluff and banter in between the info). It could also greatly help reduce the repeat questions.

3. Why am I still at 0 rep? o_O I imagine I would have gotten at least one point by now -- I've tried to be helpful.

[rant title=beware]Granted, I'm not willing to post help unless I know what I'm talking about (or if I do, I try to be explicitely clear that I'm just throwing out ideas and they should test first). One of the things that irritates me greatly is when people post completely unhelpful suggestions that are untested, utterly false, devoid of substance, or I've already mentioned in my post that I've already tried it. It's maddening when I spend 1-2+ hours implementing something only to discover it will not work that way, all because someone told me with absolute confidance that that's how it's done.

I think it's extremely rude to just spam posts to get your count up and try to get rep before the person figures out it was bogus (and can't -rep them because the +rep is already given). I try to not ever do that, but this also means I don't have a 370 post count in the first two weeks... :rolleyes:

Even if it's proper etiquette on this forum, I think I'll pass on that methodology, simply because I know how frustrating it is on the receiving end.
[/rant]

4. I read earlier in the thread that +rep is to be given for being genuinely helpful or contributing to the community, and I think I've been following that. However, I'm not sure when -rep is appropriate. The points from me barely matter given my current standing, but still it's important to know and follow the guidelines. A frivilous -rep is aggravating all the same.
My perspective is that if someone is being an ass, or is perpetually posting misinformation or sending me or others on wild goose chases, I should -rep them so their reputation reflects their behavior (and they know I feel it is inappropriate). Is this too presumptuous, especially for a newbie like me?

One of my theories on why I have a grey box (not long ago) and 0 rep is that I've pissed off the wrong person at some point. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.