General Sir Christopher Lee dies at 93

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Screen legend Christopher Lee famous for roles in Hammer Horror films, Lord of the Rings and Star Wars dies in hospital after suffering heart and respiratory problems.

Bafta chief executive Amanda Barry described Sir Christopher as a "truly talented and versatile actor".

I am deeply saddened by the death of Sir Christopher Lee, a truly talented and versatile actor. His biography, and therefore his legacy, is one that many in the film industry can only dream of.

"He appeared in over 200 films, including some of the most iconic of our times. Throughout his career, which stretched from the 1940s to date, there were so many outstanding performances - in Dracula, The Wicker Man, The Man with the Golden Gun, to name just a few of his many credits, and more recently, the Bafta and Oscar-winning Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

"Sir Christopher received the Academy Fellowship, the highest honour Bafta can bestow, at the Film Awards in 2011; at the time he described it as a very unexpected but very great honour."

Last edited by a moderator:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Oh damn, I had no idea he was so old.
Same, actually. It's crazy to think Sir Ian McKellen is ~15 years younger than him!

I loved Christopher Lee in The Man With The Golden Gun. One of my favorite bond villains. He was like the perfect anti-Bond, moreso than 006 was (from Goldeneye).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.