special custom unit

U

Unregistered

alright, heres the background, ive been working with creating animal units for the regular races. on such unit is the feral wolf, its base unit is the timber wolf, which is neutral hostile and found in the units section of the ashenvale pallets. anyway to get more to the point, i have been wanting to create what i call, the "War Stag", and i really want to use the stag as the base unit, but i have found i cant change enable its attack. i have tried to use other base units, but its just not the same as using the authentic. please help, if there is any way you can.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
have a look for the field "combat - attacks enabled"

btw, what do you mean "its just not the same as using the authentic" ? almost any unit in the editor can very easily be turned into any other unit without sacrificing any special skill or unit property etc.

U

Unregistered

not the same because...

quote:
have a look for the field "combat - attacks enabled"

i know about this field and the base unit doesnt have it, im wondering if there is any way to enable the field

quote:
btw, what do you mean "its just not the same as using the authentic" ? almost any unit in the editor can very easily be turned into any other unit without sacrificing any special skill or unit property etc.

it isnt the same because i dont to have to go through a bunch of different customizing steps, it's much easier if i could just start with the stag, and only change its attacks, abilities, HP, etc...

U

Unregistered

btw...

i forgot to mention this, but im using the RoC editor. i dont know if this has any significance

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
actually yes it does, it has a HUGE signifance. You can just ignore everything I said before, because it doesn't apply to RoC at all.

Unfortunately with RoC WE, you are out of luck sorry, there isn't a way to enable fields for units which don't have them. You're only choice is to find a unit that has an attack and start from there.

If you have the money, its a good investment to buy TFT for the editor alone. Once you see how powerful it is, you will wonder what the heck you were doing trying to make maps with RoC. :)

U

Unregistered

thanks darg

thanks darg, i guess ill have to start with the sasquatch or something. i was going to buy TFT today, but my cash flow only came up to $28
anyway, thanks

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
just go up to someone on the street and ask for 2 dollars for your bus ride home lol

[legal disclaimer: the above advice should not be taken seriously]

:)

M

MrJoeS

Is it down to $30 then? I bought it for $35 or so through a friend with a 20% discount.

[legal disclaimer: hell, that's allowed, isn't it?]

Bomook

Reaction score
Originally posted by Darg
i have no idea what the price is in the states...
you're not from the states? I never knew that :p

in the U.S. you can find it for $35 at almost anywhere (it's how much I got mine for :D). EBX/EBGames is a nice place to buy it. Big stores usually sell it for $40, though.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Bomook: have a look to the left of any post, and you'll notice some bits of info there :)

<=
<=
<=
<=
<=

M

MrJoeS

I almost made a guess that you were from New Zealand, but then I looked to the left...

Bomook

Reaction score
Originally posted by Darg
Bomook: have a look to the left of any post, and you'll notice some bits of info there :)

<=
<=
<=
<=
<=
LMAO

wow... it just shows how unobservant I am, lol. Jeez... I can't believe I never bothered paying attention to that haha :D *hits self in head*

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.