Tutorial Tips and Tricks

S

Seanbot

Tips and Tricks

I have seen so many maps that would have been great if they were not so messy, in this tutorial I will try to assess all the problems that even experienced mappers overlook.

Icons

I have seen maps where the icons for anything are all over the place, mainly when spells are being added or removed.

Neaten them up, this will take a bit of foresight but in the long run, makes your map a lot neater and more enjoyable.

Work out the position of each Spell Icon.
Especially when you are adding or removing spells, make sure that the icons have a specific place, if not assigned a position, the icons will automatically move from left to right at the bottom, then the level above it.
If you are upgrading the spells, make sure they are in the right place.

Place unit icons properly
Units are traditionally placed at the bottom of the spell card, with their respective upgrades above them.

Tool-tips
Tool-tips should always be filled out correctly and have all important information written out. Names go in Yellow, Story information go in blue with the title red and warnings go in red at the bottom of the tool-tip.

For a full list of color codes go to http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/colors.php

Choose the Correct Type of Icon
Choose the correct type of icon for the proper spell, I am currently working on a complete passive and Auto-cast version of all Blizzard icons. All Icons that you make should also come with a passive and Auto-cast version

Speeling

Speel correctly! Ther is noting wors than a porley speled cinematk or txt massage.

Bugs
Don't publish bugged maps, any person who is looking for a good map to play, will pick it up go on battle.net with it and get so owned for a non-working map it won't be funny.

So unless you are publishing it for a bug-spotting website/archive, leave it be until you finish it.

-Seanbot

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
>Speel correctly! Ther is noting wors than a porley speled cinematk or txt massage.

I hate when this happens.
I really though the guide was clever.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.