General University tears down signs warning against cheating.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
[...]

But even then, beyond a few sciences subjects, most things would be better studied and worked on in group settings. What's better, sitting at home reading the history book and answering my homework based on what I just read, or being with a group of people who are also familiar with what I just read and capable of expressing opinions and rationales that I did not come to? That would obviously allow for a more significant and deeper understanding of the concepts at hand as well as potentially differing viewpoints regarding whatever it is you're working on. Even in sciences it provides new ways to think about and handle complex problems and situations in different ways.

Plus, we still do have exams and it'll be obvious as fuck you don't know what you're doing when you get all of the questions wrong.
I never said we dont have course work / homework / group works. We have all of that, but they are not important for your final grade. In the end the exam is all that matters.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I know what you're saying, and I'm stating a difference of opinion on whether that single exam should be the only factor. I would personally prefer that, but that doesn't make it a perfect system.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Never said it is. I personally dont like it that much, but I have to get through regardles.

Varine

Reaction score
Don't we all? I wouldn't mind it so much if half my degree wasn't shit that has no relevance to my degree. I have no interest in history, art, or social sciences, but I need to spend about two years studying that shit. And the unfortunate part is I actually have to do it.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Back in 8th grade we had to memorize the preamble to the constitution.

I found a pencil in my house that was unsharpened, fresh, and had the full preamble on it.

It was a good day.

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
My calculator reads pdfs so I just put solutions to everything on their and in exams just follow the steps I did at home. Never failed anything thanks to my trusty calc.

Varine

Reaction score
I had a really nice calculator in middle and high school, as I actually kind of liked math and my mom let me get one of those badass ones that did 3d graphs and stuff so I could do calculus and trig. But the school wouldn't let me use it even in most math classes and I think I would have had a hell of a time trying to find a way to have it out for English or History.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
We had really high class calculators funded by the school. We got them for like 25€.
Really fancy, but I am not allowed to use it in university (because its practically a small computer) and in school we mostly just played tetris on it.

Varine

Reaction score
I was allowed to use it in college no problem. Even on tests.

Varine

Reaction score
I had a ti 89 titanium. It isn't as cool as the nspires and those ones. Those didn't come out until I was in college

Varine

Reaction score
The same ones, only with a higher resolution and shading. I want a nSpire CX CAS but I can't really rationalize spending 200 dollars for a color display I don't really need.

Last edited:

Varine

Reaction score
You can write games for it, the language is just a modified form of BASIC. So whatever you can find that will install.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.