US News US passes tighter gun control law

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
God you americans are so attached to your guns.

If someone is burgling your house you can either
A) Stab them with a big kitchen knife
B) Hit them with a baseball bat
C) Taser

If you are in a normal sized house chances are that it will be easier to sneak up from behind someone. So if someone jumps up on you ur gun is gonna be useless because it would be hard to point the thing in the right direction. Of course though the kitchen knife would be good because you can stab or strike someone using 2 sides.

Or you could always get a burgler alarm and let the police deal with it...

"Americans?"

What would you do if someone was burgling your house? If we are "gun maniacs" and can shoot anyone who robs our house down so they're too scared too then where you are must be robbed quite alot :rolleyes:

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Back in the time with our founding fathers, people were more civilized, had more respect, and honor. They would use a gun only when needed. Now you see someone stepping on your lawn and you kill him.

Esb, what are you talking about? Examples. Concrete proof. Statistics. Show me surveys of American people gathered through random, repeatable selection that shows 51% of the tested citizens say they would shoot an intruder stepping on their yard.

Don't forget that a crucial element here is NOT just protecting the right to bear arms, but the responsibility to protect the constitution that gives us all the other rights. We don't want a goverment that can overturn a constitution, in part or in whole.

Also, using a knife takes practice, just like using a gun, the advantage of a gun is that an average person with a weak build looks a lot more threating to a potential intruder when they are holding a gun rather than a baseball bat that they don't have the muscle to use. Police officers work in pairs to take down criminals, they are trained for it. Most people are not, I know the sharpest knife from here to Tokyo wouldn't give me the edge in a fight.

EDIT: Heh... forgot a paragraph

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76602
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76203
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74322
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64568

1/4 it was for self defense.

And the lawn part was me trying to explain that people use it for the most strangest and dumbest things. There was an article about a guy shooting someone else for stepping on his lawn, and another one of a guy who shot at some teenages after he farted, and another one of a guy using his shotgun at a wheel and ricochet at him.

I could also list all the school shootings too. If only the students had guns to protect themselves, or teachers.

Thing is, illegal or not, guns can be acquired from pretty much anywhere. If 'bad' people can get them, so can 'good' people. Also, there is no good and bad people, it's all for personal benefit.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
For those who think I'm trying to support open rebellion or something insane like that, no. It's all about detterance.

As for wether or not assault rifles and the occasional rpg can be a scary detterance to the best air force in the world, of course not. But that's the beauty of the threat of guerilla warfare inside of the nation of the more powerful group; the war where you have to carry out heavy strategic bombing upon your own commerce to win is the war that the bomber wants to, above all, avoid provoking (except for possibly full-on nuclear MAD, in which case NOBODY wants that to happen).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.