US News Viewers Won’t Adopt Existing Series If They Can’t Easily Access All Past Episodes, TCA

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Nearly half of viewers say they wait until they’ve heard good things about a show before they will start watching it, said Alan Wurtzel, NBC’s President of Research and Media Development, today at TCA.

“It’s one of these things where, like, ‘Don’t waste my time on stuff that I’m really not going to like,’ and that puts a pretty big burden on us to essentially get people to kind of sample a program,” Wurtzel explained.

Presenting a brain-blistering amount of data on viewing trends based on NBC’s research, Wurtzel also revealed that, in a sort of Catch-22, more than half of people said that even if they hear good things about a show, “‘If I can’t see [previous] stuff before I go to the new episodes, I’m not gonna watch it’.”

“That’s a big deal….Everybody in the business has to take heed of that 54%, because it’s a huge issue,” he said.

Read more here. (Deadline)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Thats exactly the way I do it. I only watch a series after I have enough evidence that I am going to like it and I will start at the series beginning.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I just want Rick and Morty back.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.