whats a good orc tactic for bnet

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
well im trying to get 150 win for orc s i can get the shammy icon but im too nooby and just keep dieing so wats good to do with orc (units,heros,buildings)

-wat should i build at start and do i make 4 of th 5 peons u get gold and the ther get wood then build the rest of the peons?

-wat shuld i build for start

-wat units do i use

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I guess Gruntapult could be something for you.
I don't play orc but this one seems easy to learn and can be used against any race with slight modifications.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Oh well, if you want to play ladder maps on a decent level you propably can't shun guides. If you don't read any guide it'll be hard as hell to get 150 wins. Lol, and it's hard with a guide too (or at least it takes pretty much time).

http://www.battle.net/war3/races.shtml this page contains info about all units.

Oh well, I forgot to post the build order (the order how you start into the game with buildings)

I also took it from the same site, just another sticky.

Build Order
Start with the standard orc build
--4 peons to gold
--1 peon to alter, rally to wood
--6th peon to burrow, rally to wood
--7th peon to gold
--8th peon builds barracks, then rally to wood
--9-12th peons all to wood
--Summon the *hero of your choice* on completion of the Altar
--When you have 40 wood build another burrow
--Get grunts, preferably around 2 first
--Hit the stronghold upgrade one resources allow
--Get the Voodoo Lounge up
--Build another burrow
--Build a tower
--Build 2 bestiaries upon reaching tier 2
--Add 2 more peons to wood
--Build more towers and burrows when necessary
--Research pillage (for that wonderful extra gold when hitting enemy buildings)
--Tech to fortress(try to do before you build towers so its fast)

the part written in small text isn't for the gruntapult strategy. It's explained in the guide I posted before how to do it from then on.

And if you only want answers to your question:

>wat should i build at start and do i make 4 of th 5 peons u get gold and the ther get wood then build the rest of the peons?
I don't really understand this question.
What should I build at start? And do I make 4 of the 5 peons you get at start harvesting gold and the other get wood and then build the rest of the peons?
if I understood it correctly: follow the buildorder I posted above

>wat shuld i build for start
follow the allmighty build order!

>wat units do i use
well, I suggest to follow the gruntapult strategy at first wich uses grunts and catapults aka demolishers..

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
It should, it sets up the general build which you need as well as the starts for each different race.

Anyways, if you don't care about w/l record abuse so you have about 30 losses and then play and kill noobs easy. however, chances are your going to face other abusers who MH so it's a tough choice.

Option 2: RT 4s: There's always one person who totally sucks and you could just have the rest of your team carry you if they don't suck... which the probably do since they're 4s.

Short of that: This is there "Generic" Pro strategy that I've seen when watching pros play.

NOTE: This requires decent micro as well as knowledge of the enemy. However, it is probably also the safest build for orcs. THIS IS NOT AN END-ALL BE ALL STRAT! There is no such thing. Be flexible and prepare to change your strategy accordingly.

Start up: Put 4 guys on gold and one building an alter. Build 2-3 peons. After a few seconds pull a worker off gold to build a burrow. Place it close to your gold mine (to prevent harassing and to make it easy to repair). next two peons on gold mine (for 5 gold) and the other peon for a Barracks. Also get a voodoo lounge and a lumber mill for faster harvesting. I usually have about 12 workers in total: 5 on gold 7 on wood. Seems to be a good combination.

Get a grunt, 2nd burrow, and bm. Harass when BM comes out, or at least scout. If there's a shop, grab a pair of boots of speed. when you have a second burrow up, grab about two more grunts, creep/continue to put pressure on the enemy, and TECH TO T2. Orc is pretty weak T1 against rushes, and raiders are a good counter for many rushes. Get at least a total of 3, though probably is good to continue getting them threw out the game, but don't mass them.

T2 is done: Get a Bestiary and a Spirit Den. Tech adapt training for spirit walkers and Net for raiders. Also get a 2nd hero (I like shadow hunter) Hex and healing wave are the two abilities you should get. When you get some walkers and grunts, hit, and continue to creep. You might also want to look for expo opportunities. When you attack, micro effectively.

This is the very basic backbones of classic orc build. Watch videos of pros on youtube for replays.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.