who can host?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm always keen to beta test the map I'm working on, trouble is the beta testers I usually play with seem to have disappeared.

is there anyone here who can host who is willing to join up with me for beta testing?

as a broader question, who here is interested in forming a beta-testing group where we all beta-test each other's maps?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
my map is for TFT (should I be reading my own sticky's ? :))

maybe we can do one step better, how about this idea:

I was thinking maybe I'll start up a clan called "beta testing" or something like that. It might be a good way that a bunch of beta-testers could keep track of each other. I think a clan needs at least 10 ppl to setup, so I would have to get a lot of interest first in this idea before I actually go and do it. Remember that ppl who have TFT can still play RoC maps, so RoC map makers can still participate and get their maps tested by anyone.

any thoughts? anyone interested?

S

Sat_2k3

Hmmm, If this map can be played with 1 player, I would test it. I can't help host since I can't seem to get the right port number. and I can't connect on B.net since I don't actually plan on buying TFT till later (soon though). But if your willing to post the map here, I'll d/l and test it out and give you feed back.

Having a beta clan would be a good idea, although getting a bunch of ppl to meet on at same time would be a problem, so it might be better to just get all of your friends to test or random ppl (spam in channel or something :) )

M

MrJoeS

I'll beta test if you like. I'm 56k, but willing and otherwise able.

S

Sat_2k3

btw, about port number, is there any way to find out which port works besides guessing the port and try hosting?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
actually rapmaster, you can specify whatever port you want in war3. I think its found in:

options -> gameplay

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Ouch, I just had a look at the rules for forming a clan, and its pretty tough. I have to select at least 9 ppl from my mutual friends list and from those currently in the same channel, and then those 9 ppl have 30 seconds to respond otherwise the clan will not be created. Ouch!

If anyone would care to list their bnet nicks and realms, I'll stick u on my friends list.

Me:

USWest - Darg
USEast - Darg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.