Weird 700 lb man stuck in bed pleas for help on YourTube - goes Viral

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score

LIVERMORE (CBS 5) — A 700-pound Livermore man’s plea for help to lose weight has become a viral sensation on YouTube in less than 24 hours.

Robert Gibbs, who turned 23 on Friday, said he is a prisoner in his own body.

“I spend most of my days right here, watching TV.” Gibbs said from his couch. “I have to slide forward to get off this couch. I’m just trapped, and there’s no way out.”

On Thursday, something clicked for the Livermore man who has struggled with his weight since the age of four. He has also been hospitalized twice. As Gibbs was stuck in bed, he recorded the video.

Last edited:

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Good for him, living your life like that isn't really living, it's just waiting to die.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
He's been overweight since he was 4 years old and been doing it to himself for 20 years.
Well, why the hell did he wait so long before seeking help?

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Well, why the hell did he wait so long before seeking help?
Self-esteem issues? Would you want people to see you and call you fat? He clearly has a repulsive image of himself as many obese people do; he was probably on the edge of desperation to ask for help. I mean youtube isn't really a place you go to to find people that'll give you life-changing advice now is it?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Has he tried Nutrisystem for Men?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Shouldn't criticize him at all, you heartless
This makes me heartless eh? What about his Parents ?
They could have done something to prevent this but they did not. So where's his Parents ?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well FireCat, you are changing the subject then. He is calling you heartless for criticizing the man, but you are talking about the parents for not doing anything :p

Hope this guy gets better.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
And irrelevant. What his parents did or did not do is now negligent. All that's relevant at this point is what he himself is willing to do, and based on his awareness of how desperate his situation is, I would imagine a significant amount.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Born fat, feed to this point, either way, it's not funny living like that, and to be honest I've never seen anyone THIS young seek help. I am skinny myself, so I never experience being overweight, but can't be a lot of fun.

Hope he didn't watch too much of the controled media on TV in USA, or he's a brain washed zombie.

This makes me heartless eh? What about his Parents ?
They could have done something to prevent this but they did not. So where's his Parents ?

THIS

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think somebody can be born fat. Its the education and how the parents treat you at your young ages.
Until a certain age most humans are not able to clearly decide how to live their life, i would agree that the parents do have joint guilt in this story.

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
I hope he gets the help he needs, bless his heart!! It takes courage to ask for help when you are so damn low.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.