2 Map problems--Ack

U

Unregistered

Here the map synopsis:

4 teams of 2 in 4 seperated areas. You pick a hero and kill various levels of creeps to level up your character and get money to buy items in order to stop waves of oncoming monsters (7 waves). The monsters spawn every 5 min and run past all the creep killing areas trying to kill you and/or base. So there is a base to buy items also.
Vicory - Kill the final wave monster (basically a survival map)
Defeat - Hero dies OR base is destoryed

The triggers are used to spawn creatures in order to level up the player's hero for the map, so it's used repeatedly . However, many of the regions only spawn the creatures if entered from a certian direction like from the bottom only or side. Only a few work if entered from any angle. Any clue why this would be?

One more problem - the second to last wave of monsters for some reason will NOT attack players at all, even though all the rest use the same trigger. They are abomination model. Heres the triggers for ALL the enemy spawns:

Event:
-Game elapsed time is X
Condition:
-None
Action:
-Create 2-5(each wave is 2-5 predetermined creatures) (creature type here) for player 11(bad guy) at center of their spawn point
-Unit group - Order units in the creatures spawn point to Move-Attack to region holding team bases

This an appropriate trigger for the situation? All the others attack the players when confronted. Any clue why they would ignore players and only go for the building? even when cornered the wont attack.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
hmm both your problems are very perplexing, the first one i dont have a clue, since theoretically the "enters region" event should work regardless of where the region is entered from. in all likelihood there's something else going on thats stopping the trigger for this event from firing.

the second one may be due to the aboms being given "structure" only as the targets allowed field in the unit editor. If they have been given 'structure' but not 'ground' or 'air' then they definitely wont attack the enemy units. i dont see anything wrong with your trigger.

i'm always open to fixing ppl's maps if the problem isn't too complex, so if you still can't fix things up then send it to me at "[email protected]" and i'll take a squiz at it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.