2 Questions About Cinematics

Giantpanda

Reaction score
Yes, i have more questions...

1) EDIT: Figured it out.

2) I am planning on making a unit fly straight up from the ground, although i have no idea how to do it. I tried changing its flying height over 20 seconds but that didn't work.

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
To change a units flying hight that is not flying, you have to give and remove the Storm Crow Form ability to the unit before you alter the fly hight.

CYRRIC

Reaction score
if you want to make a unit normaly doesn't fly, you want to make it permanetly fly simple even if its a hero that works.

first : just look all stat in unit edittor of a flying unit and set the same field in your unit woth value

an other one : is to trigger if you want a unit it something like that :

your event

your condition

action
give flying skill to your unit
set flying height to your unit to ... over the ground

to finish invert this trigger and your unit wil be back on earth :)

normaly this is near the solution but for more detail you have some post allready exlain hove to make a unit fly on the oficial website too

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
You want a unit to fly? If it's originally a gound unit, you have to give it Crow Form.

Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Fly
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Triggering unit)
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to [Your height] at [Your rate]

Giantpanda

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Cinematic 9
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set level of Fly for Jelme (Fly) 0031 <gen> to 1
      • Unit - Order Jelme (Fly) 0031 <gen> to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Storm Crow Form

So, is there any particular reason that wouldn't work? Because thats what i have and nothing happens.
Thanks for the help up to here guys.

EDIT: That is nowhere near the full trigger, i removed the unnecessary parts. I know that the trigger fires

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Cinematic 9
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set level of Fly for Jelme (Fly) 0031 <gen> to 1
      • Unit - Order Jelme (Fly) 0031 <gen> to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Storm Crow Form

So, is there any particular reason that wouldn't work? Because thats what i have and nothing happens.
Thanks for the help up to here guys.

EDIT: That is nowhere near the full trigger, i removed the unnecessary parts. I know that the trigger fires

You don't need to make him fly by changing his form. Just add and remove crow form right away and you'll be able to adjust it's flying height.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.