Ability ideas

Sunchips

Reaction score
I'm making a 2 player RPG map (with quests and such shit) and the two heroes are a paladin (Arthas wielding frostmourne, but I used vertex modifier to remove the sword) and a Warrior (Footman, removed his weapon and shield). Removed their weapons to make them able to pick up items that gives them attachment well well that works fine but now I need ideas for the heroes o:

So far they have these ablities

Warrior

Shield block (Increases armor for 10 seconds)

Paladin

Seal of Wisdom (Regenerates mana when attacking)
Martyr (increases attack speed and damage taken for 10 seconds)

Now I need more :) It's good if the spells work witch each other or with the other hero like Seal of Wisdom and Martyr together can give a fast mana boost ^^

Devrak

Reaction score
>I'm making a 2 player RPG map (with quests and such shit) Are your quests shit? ^_^

As for ideas, hmm... How many spells should the heroes have? Since it's only two heroes I'd say it's best with as many as possible.

You could give the warrior a taunt, since he's warrior. And a charge perhaps. (Original, I know)

You could give him shield bash, a passive ability that gives him X% change to bash the enemy with his shield whenever he's attacked, stunning the target for X seconds.

As for the paladin:

Divine Assault - Fills the Paladin with holy rage. Whenever the paladin attacks an enemy, he heals his allies within 250 range for X. Lasts Y seconds.

Hmm, that's all I could think of now. And also, why use the footman model? It's ugly as hell, I'd rather DL some custom. ;)

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Here, I dont even know why he created it when the are not using it.
Cliky

Sefiraat

Reaction score
Paladin
Call of the Angels:
Summons holy angels down to aid you in your quest. Angels are passive by nature and will refuse to attack anyone. But they will form a ring around you which no enemies may pass.

Level One : Duration ##
Level Two : Duration +##
Level Three : Duration ++## Any enemy that is forced to touch an angel will feel it's influence and aid you for a while
The unit touching an angel will become allied like a possessed unit and will return as an enemy after a set amount of time.

Warrior
Submit Fear:
Creates a false image of yourself to nearby enemies which will make them run away from it.
This will summon a blademaster-style mirror image in a location of the users choice, enemies will run in the exact opposite direction untill they get far enough away. This will work well with level three Call of Angels as the enemy will be forced into touching an angel.

Level One: Range ###
Level Two Range +###
Level Three Range ++### Has a 20% chance to stun nearby units with fear

Sefiraat

Reaction score
Feign Death
The warrior is able to pretend to be dead giving a 90% chance that the last unit to attack will come and gloat leaving him free to be attacked. During this period you take 50% more damage
The enemy should be ordered to goto the feigning unit and use it's spell animation of similar and made not able to attack back (pause) making the unit stunned to all intents and purposes

Level One: Feign lasts 5 seconds / Stun 3 Secs
Level Two: Feign lasts 4 seconds / Stun 4 Secs
Level Three: Feign lasts 3 Seconds / Stun 4 Secs Has a 20% chance to attract other near-by units

LoveRPG

Reaction score
Sefiraat's abilities were good but why use abilities that makes the hero invulnerable in a 2 player RPG??:S Anyhow, use the captain model for the warrior instead, it is quite nice:)

Sefiraat

Reaction score
Stuff in red is a bonus that only applies to the maxed out level

Piercing Thought - Paladin
Through holy powers, the paladin can give one order to an enemy unit which it will follow for:
Level one : 3 seconds
Level two : 4 seconds
Level three : 5 seconds also has a chance to kill a unit instantly (2%)

Purify Mind - Warrior
If the warrior is near enough to the paladin, he can clear his mind and gain one of the paladin's abilities for a short period
Level one : 10 seconds or until used
Level two : 15 seconds or until used
Level three : 20 seconds or until used 2x

Fields of Hope - Paladin
Calls fourth heavenly powers to grow a garden of entente flowers which have the chance to slow, poison and stun every second.
Level one : Each flower has a 10% chance to poison / 10% to slow / 5% to stun
Level two : Each flower has a 15% chance to poison / 10% to slow / 5% to stun
Level three : Each flower had a 30% chance to poison / 15% to slow / 5% to stun

A fatal wound - Warrior
The warrior can maim an enemy so bady that there is no chance of reovery, but doing so is risky at it leaves his flanks open.
Level one : 10% of instant death / 40% chance of wound / 50% chance of warrior failing an being stunned for 2 secs
Level one : 10% of instant death / 60% chance of wound / 30% chance of warrior failing an being stunned for 2 secs
Level one : 20% of instant death / 60% chance of wound / 20% chance of warrior failing an being stunned for 2 secs

Mind's Eye - Paladin
The paladin can call on his inner-most instincts to see every thing an enemy is planning to do. Create a shadow of the enemy every time it receives an order, this shadow will animate according to the order (this will only really work if you have trigger-based bosses or good AI
Level one : Lasts 4 seconds
Level two : Lasts 7 seconds
Level three : Lasts 10 seconds Killing the shadow will stop that order from being processed

Lord's Arrow - Paladin and Warrior
Paladin's Version
The paladin is able to enchant an arrow with extreme light to pierce the souls of the target. Once the arrow is enchanted it is given to the warrior
Level one : Takes 4 seconds to channel the light into the arrow

Warrior's Version
If the warrior has a bow equiped he is able to shoot a piercing shot into the soul of an enemy, so long as the paladin has created one

Vengeance - Paladin
The paladin can ask for the assistance of god to call waves of smiting fire from the heavens. As penance the paladin will be unable to move temporarily This is not a rain of fire clone, it is a starfall clone that hits the user as well as enemies
Level one : Lasts 10 seconds (cant move for 3 of these)
Level two : Lasts 15 seconds (cant move for 3 of these)
Level three : Lasts 15 seconds (cant move for 3 of these(No longer harms the hero))

Penance - Paladin
If used, the paladin will stop and think about his next move carefully. Once he has settled his mind, he is capable of attack for 3x normal for the next hit, 2x for the next then normal onwards. Damage increase effect attacks, spells and the arrow of light.
Level one : Takes 6 seconds charge (9 if enemies are near)
Level two : Takes 5 seconds charge (7 if enemies are near)
Level three : Takes 4 seconds charge (5 if enemies are near) Adds another effected spell / attack making it 4x for first // 3x for second // 2x for third

Sefiraat

Reaction score
made them myself (took squares out of devientart images) i have all possible versions of them DIS / PAS etc if any one needs them

Sunchips

Reaction score
Sefiraat your spell ideas are incredible :p any chance you have already made the spells in a map? If so, GUI or JASS?

Sefiraat

Reaction score
No sorry, they were concepts for an rpg i gave up on :) but ill be more than willing to work with you to make them if you so wish

Sefiraat

Reaction score
i dont deal with JASS either, im confident all these can be made in GUI, ill make a dummy map for Piercing Thought quickly

Sefiraat

Reaction score
Ok this one is done and works fine

how to use it :

Learn storm bolt and use it on the footman

He will be under your control for 10 seconds or until he gets an order from you

When he gets an order, he becomes an enemy again untill those ten seconds are up (time spent thinking about hwta oder to give, takes away form this time.)

When the timer ends the unit is told to stop, which will make him stop attacking his own farm and look at you again

You can also issue an order to make him walk to the other side of the map, he will do it for only those ten seconds before stopping again (the timer sould be drastically changed for bosses in this case)

Sorry the triggers are so sloppy, but im not sure what context you will be using them in your map , but enjoy

Attachments

• PiercingThoughtTest.w3x
    17.6 KB · Views: 183

Sefiraat

Reaction score
oh, forgot to say, if you are using AI, this ability becomes redundant, if you are tell me and ill fix it for AI use

Sunchips

Reaction score
Encountered a bug already :p If you use the ability to tame the unit for 10 seconds and then attack him even though he is "your" unit for 10 seconds, the mountain king changes his ownership to the computer ^^ the computer gains control of the mountain king

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.