AI CONTEST #1 | July 3rd - July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
im still wondering about this; i dont know if it was answered

like when we are testing our heroes we can preplace them and set them to a global variable; easy.
Can the judges set just one unit variable in our script to our hero? otherwise i can't imagine how to figure out a way to find out what hero is yours :p

Well this is easy:

Trigger:
  • Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Enemy_Group = (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • Set Enemy = (Random unit from Enemy_Group)
      • Unit - Create 1 IBetYourWonderinWhatHeroIPicked for Player 1 (Red) at Initialization_Point facing (Random angle) degrees
      • Set MyHero = (Last created unit)

Then all the mods have to do is replace the "Players". I'm sure there's an even better way to do this but coding don't matter so who cares...

JJimpy you should have taken it from a bird's eye view or at least more straight-on.

Version #4 of the Duel Arena map is now available!

I'm sorry, I keep making changes, but it's because to make this a little more balanced and entertaining to watch later on.

Changes:

• The time of the day will start at a random hour in battle stage.
  • Night Elves are able to benefit from Ultravision after 4 minute mark.
  • Ressurrection now works - you are able to cast it on Neutral player creeps, triggers change the ownership to yours.
  • Fountains now have a detecting owl near them - any nearby cloaked units are visible to all players to prevent cloaked unit camping.
  • Added a leaderboard which displays combat data.

Again, sorry for any inconveniences.

About the variables of your own hero and the enemy, I just made one for both and I guess Anderwgosu or Romek will combine it together, at least if I put in some comments to explain it.

I've got my prototype AI beta version ready. :p
Can I send it to one of the judges to check if my triggers are allowed?
I don't want to miss any rules, and risk getting disqualified.

Question:
is it allowed to detect if the unit is moving away from your hero?
like if enemy order id equal to move, then do etc etc?

Why is there an Archmage in the map?

Also
Trigger:
  • Set _____tmpGroup = (Units within 900.00 of _____tmpPoint matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Neutral Passive) and ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))))

Shouldn't it be = to dead?

The graveyards only start spawning units after level 6, there are non-ultimate skills that require corpses. Can you change the graveyards to start spawning immediately and perhaps upgrade the level of corpses dropped after level 6. that way heroes will still be able to use them but there won't be a ton of high level creep corpses laying around as soon as certain hero's hit level 6.

Are we allowed to store data about the spells of enemy heroes? By that I mean I want to store the spells of each possible enemy hero as constants, much like a human player would know what enemy hero spells would be. Then, on detecting which enemy hero I am facing (is this stored at the start of the game, or do we have to find that out by running into them?) you can use that data to alter tactics.

Are we allowed to store data about the spells of enemy heroes? By that I mean I want to store the spells of each possible enemy hero as constants, much like a human player would know what enemy hero spells would be. Then, on detecting which enemy hero I am facing (is this stored at the start of the game, or do we have to find that out by running into them?) you can use that data to alter tactics.
I would guess so. The idea is that the ai is limited to the information that a human player would have. Hero type is data available to a human player when said player sees a certain hero.

Then I have a lot of information to compile :p Pretty much all the object editor data I can put into my script, I'm putting into my script.

Why is there an Archmage in the map?

Also
Trigger:
  • Set _____tmpGroup = (Units within 900.00 of _____tmpPoint matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Neutral Passive) and ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))))

Shouldn't it be = to dead?

Archmage is removed, was for testing.

And the trigger is valid - the units get ressurrected and are alive at the point when this action is run.

is it allowed to detect if the unit is moving away from your hero? like if enemy order id equal to move, then do etc etc?

BRUTAL answered it.

The graveyards only start spawning units after level 6, there are non-ultimate skills that require corpses. Can you change the graveyards to start spawning immediately and perhaps upgrade the level of corpses dropped after level 6. that way heroes will still be able to use them but there won't be a ton of high level creep corpses laying around as soon as certain hero's hit level 6.

It currently remains as it is. Thanks for your suggestion.

Uberfoop answered that one.

Reducing cooldowns would mess with hero balance. Besides, if you know your only going to be able to use your ultimate once or twice it encourages you to make sure it is used effectively.

suggestion:

Reduce Ultimates Cooldown time, most of them have 3 min cooldown

There will be no hero modifications whatsoever, including spells.

The time limit of 7 minutes is subject to change, I'll possibly extend that to 9 minutes
or close to 10 because that's the time limit on youtube.

..okay.. i rest my case..

my script is pretty much done..
i practice on other heroes by writing simple/stupid movement ai of them.

and then adding some stuff if i notice 'special' cases..

Mountain Kings are hard to take down, whoever your hero is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.