Tutorial All Conditions (In-Progress)

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am working on creating a guide with all GUI conditions and crap. Please, PLEASE, PLEASE post some input in this thread. I will love you forever if you do :]]

Boolean Comparison
The Boolean Comparison is simply a "True or False" type of thing. for example:
Syntax:
Trigger:
  • ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to True

So, this means that the Triggering unit must be a Structure. An easy way to think of Booleans is what you want (or don't want) on the left, then true or false.
Now, the opposite of what we describe here can also be used. The Syntax can be switched to:
Trigger:
  • ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Not Equal to True

So if the Triggering Unit is not a structure, the event will run.

Ability Comparison
Ability comparisons are quite helpful in Dummy Spells and almost all triggered spells need it (I believe.)
Syntax:
Trigger:
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead

If the ability being cast is the one described in the trigger, (In this case "Animate Dead") the events will then run. If not, the trigger will stop.

Buff Comparison

Destructible Comparison (Also Destructible-Type Comparisons)

Dialog Button Comparison

Game Difficulty Comparison

Game Speed Comparison

Hero Skill Comparison

Integer Comparison

Item Comparison (Also Item-Type and Item-Class Comparisons)

Melee AI Comparison

Order Comparison

Player Comparison (Also Player-Color, Player-Controller, and Player Slot Status-Comparison

Race Comparison

Real Comparison

String Comparison

Tech Type Comparison

Terrain Type Comparison

Trigger Comparison

Unit Comparison (Also includes Unit-Type Comparison)

And's and Or's

[/spoiler]
Progress:
  • Added all Condition Types and Spoilers

Each comparison simply compares two values of the given type.
An ability comparisons compares two ability values, a boolean comparison compares two boolean values, and so on.

There's nothing more to say.

Each comparison simply compares two values of the given type.
An ability comparisons compares two ability values, a boolean comparison compares two boolean values, and so on.

There's nothing more to say.

But as I finish this, I plan to give correct Syntax, correct common Condition errors and go into more advanced topics involving conditions and multiple conditions and such.

Rules said:
Only submit complete resources - do not put anything unfinished here. This includes, but isn't limited to half-complete tutorials, WIP spells, "will upload it tomorrow" systems and similar submissions. If you want to promote your unfinished work then there are other forums for that, namely Members' Projects.

:rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.