Aoe not hurt allied units?

tmow

Reaction score
im making a spell which it creates 3 flames infront and the flames explode...um... heres the trigger!

Trigger:
  • HMEfonw
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Land Mines?! (Neutral Hostile)
    • Actions
      • Set castingunit = (Casting unit)
      • Set pointofabilty = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Flame Dummy for (Owner of castingunit) at (pointofabilty offset by 0.00 towards (Facing of castingunit) degrees) facing (Facing of castingunit) degrees
      • Set dummy1 = (Last created unit)
      • Wait 0.40 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Flame Dummy for (Owner of castingunit) at (pointofabilty offset by 150.00 towards (Facing of castingunit) degrees) facing (Facing of castingunit) degrees
      • Set dummy2 = (Last created unit)
      • Wait 0.40 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Flame Dummy for (Owner of castingunit) at (pointofabilty offset by 300.00 towards (Facing of castingunit) degrees) facing (Facing of castingunit) degrees
      • Set dummy3 = (Last created unit)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of dummy1) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\NeutralBuildingExplosion\NeutralBuildingExplosion.mdl
      • Unit - Cause dummy1 to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 350.00 at (Position of dummy1), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Remove dummy1 from the game
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of dummy2) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\NeutralBuildingExplosion\NeutralBuildingExplosion.mdl
      • Unit - Cause dummy2 to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 350.00 at (Position of dummy1), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Remove dummy2 from the game
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of dummy3) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\NeutralBuildingExplosion\NeutralBuildingExplosion.mdl
      • Unit - Cause dummy3 to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 350.00 at (Position of dummy1), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Remove dummy3 from the game

DarkDefiance

Reaction score
You have it as condition equal to land mines, land mines hurt allies if nearby, change it to flame strike as the spells ability and then simply change the name of the spell if you want the spell to be called land mines. make flame strike a custom ability and change artwork to make it seem like land mines, thats the easiest way to do it.

But if the spell is based on land mines neutral itself as the main spell then it will hurt your units because thats what that spell is edited to do. you can change in the land mine spell to not check off allied units therefore it wont hurt allied units. There is a check box towards the bottom of the spell to do this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Signature: If i was helpful please let me know by + reppin me if i wasnt please tell me what i can do better.

tmow

Reaction score
no the condition is just the name of the spell the actual spell im using is shockwave lol i just named it land mines!

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That trigger is so leaky. You need to fix that or it will cause lags. Remember if u don't remove your leaks it may cause a game crush(Myb Fatal Error) during the game. Now back to your problem...
Code:
Unit - Cause dummy2 to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 350.00 at (Position of dummy1), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
That action is not good. This deals damage to all units in the area no matther what they are. What you need to do is this:

Code:
Set Mines_AOE_Group = Units within 350 range of (Position of dummy1) matching condition(Matching unit is alive = true, matching unit is Magic Immune = false and Matching unit belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)...
Then u do the action: Pick every unit in Mines_AOE_Group and do actions
Cause your unit to deal damage to picked unit dealing X damage...
Later when i have time i'll rework your trigger and fix leaks and stuff. I think you should read some tutorials, they help you to improve with your triggering...

tmow

Reaction score
what is leaking? the special effects?
and do i need to replace all 3 of those triggers with this 1 just with diffrent dummys

DarkDefiance

Reaction score
same problem you also have to have it in the spell checked off to not hurt allies units, i highly suggest making sure you dont have that box checked off cause if you do then thats just a silly mistake you made
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Signature: If i was helpful please let me know by + reppin me if i wasnt please tell me what i can do better.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.