Attack within range.

Escura

Reaction score
I'm trying to make enemy units wander around using the wander ability. But this causes some of the units to refuse to attack.

I'm trying to set up a trigger to force these unit types attack enemy units on sight.

Conal

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Wander
    • Events
      • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = (Random point in (Playable map area))
      • Unit - Order (your unit) to Attack-Move To Temp_Point
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)

For something fancier, you could lower the periodic and make the temp point a polar offset from the unit.

Escura

Reaction score
Thank you very much Sir.
... Wait, Will this make them wander away while in combat?

Edit:
I can't make complete sense of this. >_>

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
I think I fixed this once by setting the stat "can flee" to false.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Thank you very much Sir.
... Wait, Will this make them wander away while in combat?

Edit:
I can't make complete sense of this. >_>

The units will not wander away while in combat. Attack move orders the unit to attack all enemy units in the way. So if you're in combat with an enemy unit and the trigger orders you to attack move to another point, you'll still attack the same target before proceeding to your point.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
The units will not wander away while in combat. Attack move orders the unit to attack all enemy units in the way. So if you're in combat with an enemy unit and the trigger orders you to attack move to another point, you'll still attack the same target before proceeding to your point.

I believe for a split second the unit will attempt to move the the point (I may be wrong) but ofcourse eventually target the hero.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I believe for a split second the unit will attempt to move the the point (I may be wrong) but ofcourse eventually target the hero.

I don't think so. If I'm not mistaken, attack move instantly orders the unit to attack the closest unit within its acquisition range. The unit only moves towards the targeted point only if there are no available units in its acquisition range. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure if this is correct.

KileRatZ

Reaction score
I think another problem with this is that the affected unit will stop/reset its attack animation (thus its DPS will be lowered) even if it's still gonna attack the same enemy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.