Well we went and saw the 3D version today, and I must say, the 3D version is 5x better and cooler to watch that the normal movie. It adds so much, it's awesome! :thup:

WHAT?!?! It sinks at the end?! Way to ruin it for me, man!

Titanic was different because it's based on a true story that most people are aware of... although not as good as the original one that was in black and white and all badass and stuff; Avatar was supposed to be an original plot, or at least I thought it was going to be, which somewhere I read the actual script was written in 2002 whereas the premise of the idea came way before. And I didn't like it because I knew what was going to happen, I didn't like it because the entire time it felt more like a tech demo and had no originality to it, nothing beyond the visuals made me think of it as amazing or something that, if it wasn't so hyped up and I saw a commercial every twenty minutes, I would really remember. But, because the entire thing has been emblazoned into my head forever thanks to 150 million dollars of advertising, I probably will.

Well then it depends on our grading charts, which are definitely different. :rolleyes:

When I go see a movie there's not much room for originality, much more for overall quality. If inspiring yourself from others makes room for a better overall experience, then I strongly suggest to go for it.

James Cameron coming up with a unusual, original yet incomprehensible story might have confused more than one and reduced the quality of the film, which in my grading charts does not mind inspiration from others. Indeed, it seems like works based upon others' successful work are usually better, seeing as there is often a re-masterization of something that's already good. That can only make it better.

Man, you guys are so negative about things. Yeah, it was a bit predictable, but why does that make it any less awesome?

I'm sorry, but if you really have that high of standards for movies, I can see that you really don't like many movies that come out, because most are that way... ;)

Man, you guys are so negative about things. Yeah, it was a bit predictable, but why does that make it any less awesome?

I'm sorry, but if you really have that high of standards for movies, I can see that you really don't like many movies that come out, because most are that way... ;)

Exactly!

Borat: "They are player haters."

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Greed? Whats this have anything to do with greed?

ITs been showing for a couple months, and people have been flowing in like water, making tons of money.

This puts WoW to shame

Irony is stunning :eek: A movie about controlling our greed and yet the director is swimming in it...

Come one but lets be serious... when doesn't Hollywood not care about money? :p

So the toll of watching this movie thus far is 3 x 3D in theaters and 2x in theaters. My girl at the time loved the movie and we went and saw it like 3 weeks in a row, haha. :thup:

cameron talked about making avatar 2. And who knows how much money that will suck out of America.

cameron talked about making avatar 2. And who knows how much money that will suck out of America.

Well, if you don't want to give him money, don't watch it? :rolleyes:

Good news, let's just hope they're as good as the first.

They are re-releasing Avatar this summer with deleted scenes in the film.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.