Channel based: missile help?

Mandrilx

Reaction score
I tried to search around for an answer but no luck... probably something quite simple but: How do I make an ability based off of Channel show a missile like a normal ability such as shadow strike or death coil (targetted to a unit that is).

Basically, how do I go about making Channel shoot a missile at the target? I am guessing the allmighty channel ability is able to do this?

I currently have the spell set up as follows:

attachment.php

Help? Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• channel.jpg
    channel.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 309

undead_me77

Reaction score
I'm also having trouble getting Channel to just shoot a projectile at a target. I'll keep working on it but would be great to find an answer.
edit: I've just found another thread (http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106341&highlight=Channel+missile) which said Channel can not use projectile art :(. So now i gotta find some other spell that can use projectile art AND can be cast through spell immunity :p. Sorry for the unnecessary bump.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Well you can't make Channel shoot a projectile. What you can do is to make your own custom projectile with dummy units and make it move periodically.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Using Acid Bomb is easier. ^^
Or if you want to target ground, like cluster rockets (but want to have different missile speed), use channel, and when channel is cast, make a dummy to cast a custom summon factory.

darkreapers

Reaction score
channel mostly used for trigger enhanced spells where dummies with changed model file represents the missile

or if you are not as experienced, u may just create a dummy and order it to attack the target point of ability beening cast.

undead_me77

Reaction score
Yup, ty for the advice. Although before any replies were made I went and based it off ensnare. I'm very capable of use dummy unit missiles but I as this is not a deeply important part of my map - I was looking for something simple. The ensnare ability does have to be set to 0.01 duration to not perma-trap the target (which causes a unit to stop moving mid-path) but it seems good enough for the small part it will play.
Didn't know acid bomb could target through Spell Immunity also, that is nice to know - ty.
(acid bomb would had probably been a better choice then, but meh :p )

undead_me77

Reaction score
No, with a duration of 0, it makes the effect perma (same as storm hammer - the spell i was using before i needed it to affect spell immune units)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.