[Contest] Hero Contest 1#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Blargh (about the TimerTicker, though I suppose it doesn't really matter anyway).

And, yes, that is one of the reasons I don't think custom models should be allowed unless they have been created by the user submitting the hero. I think that's fair because if said user is talented enough to create neat effects and code decently then he/she should be able to show that off.

Edit: I just realized that I basically turned your whole contest around (in concept). I hope that's not a bad thing...

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
3 questions
1. do you want the hero to be at its full level? or do you want it to be at level 1 and work its way up? or a command to change the level
2. would it be better to make the hero in the center of the map, and place the creeps at equal distances ferom the hero? or make it more of an adventure-ish type of thing
3. should the map be like 32x32 or 64x64
dont wana make it too big :p

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
1. do you want the hero to be at its full level? or do you want it to be at level 1 and work its way up? or a command to change the level
Command to change the hero would be nice, yes.
2. would it be better to make the hero in the center of the map, and place the creeps at equal distances ferom the hero? or make it more of an adventure-ish type of thing
It doesnt matter. Just make it easy to test all of his spells.

Added you Grymlax, Allthough you dont really have to sign up. :p

@Pyrogasm: I think the changes you made to it were for the better, anyways. About custom models: I will try and make sure that people do not win through flashy effects, But I think ill allow them still..... Allthough like I said #2 will have no imports unless made by the person, either that icons only.

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
okay my hero is done.
it is done in gui and i think i managed to make it mui.
the skin used is made by me also his icon. the spell icons I used are recolours of the existing icons.

If you want to see it you will need to download the map.

EDIT: attachment has been removed for balancing.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
okay my hero is done.
the skin used is made by me also his icon. the spell icons I used are recolours of the existing icons.

Hehe, the blue beard thingy looks funny :p.
But the hero is suposed to be able to fit in a melee map right?

If he increases his intelligence by about 160 and deals 125% of his intelligence to 3 nearby enemy's, wouldnt he be awfully, and really awfully strong in a normal melee map?

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
okay my hero is done.

he is REALLY imba. nothing that you can use in a melee map i personally think

Daskunk

Reaction score
okay my hero is done.

Tooltips need some more commans in there I think...

Not QUITE so imba as people were saying, but yes its imba...

EDIT: Make the aura be a auto-cast mana costing spell, Maybe?

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
yeah you guys are right i will try and balance him a little more

that sounds fine. because when he gets 180 more intelligence he got 1500 mana and SICK mana regen o_O so thats pretty bad ass. but i love how you made the hero ^^ and the icons!! rauwuwhwa

Daskunk

Reaction score
Yeah, It was a cool hero. And Furberg, I think your hero was a bit weak.

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
hm, i'll be in 2 ;)

EDIT: Sorry, kind of stupid to ask taht, but i didnt find it in rules, Newgen is allowed, isnt it?

EDIT EDIT: Forget it xD Trollvottel got me ;)

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
EDIT: Sorry, kind of stupid to ask taht, but i didnt find it in rules, Newgen is allowed, isnt it?

i think so, abc is allowed too and it wouldnt make any sense if newgen wasnt allowed then... ^^

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Just took a look at your hero Grymlax, and it's pretty cool (weird/cool model too ^^)

Some pretty cool spells, and nice skill synergy imo (even if it's overpowered :p)

Edit: Just realised that I picked a pretty sh*tty time to join a contest. Got a week off next week (will be working for half, studying for other half) then 2 weeks of exams immediately after.

By the way, is there a specific starting/ending date? First page only says "starts in a week" so that's not very... specific ^^

Also "# Either the top 4 contestants or all of them are then reviewed by 1 or 2 judges and given an X/100 score for their coding.
# Points given in votes and the judging score are then combined in some way to yield a total score that determines the "winner"."

Will judge scoring be worth any more than public vote i.e. Person X scored 15 from public, and 15 from judges. Person Y scored 20 from public and 10 from judges. Would person X win over person Y due to higher judge vote? (that's under the assumption that all heroes are scored by judges)

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. I removed the map for balancing and since I have some schoolwork to do now in the up comming days that will take some time.

Daskunk

Reaction score
By the way, is there a specific starting/ending date? First page only says "starts in a week" so that's not very... specific ^^
Ill make that more clear.

Will judge scoring be worth any more than public vote i.e. Person X scored 15 from public, and 15 from judges. Person Y scored 20 from public and 10 from judges. Would person X win over person Y due to higher judge vote? (that's under the assumption that all heroes are scored by judges)
That depends if the judges find the poll votes to be unfair or unvailid or somthing like that. Like if the heros cruddy but got more effects becuas of good models and skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.