Decrease the Size of the Music

Reaction score
Hi Guys! , I have a new problem . How can I decrease the size of music in disk to lower a bit , but don't decrease the length. because I tried add a song and the size of the map was 4mb ++ o_O , anyone know some tools or a wise way to fix? Thanks!

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Look for an audio editing program, like audacity. Simply export it as a lower sample rate, like 96 kb/sec, instead of something like 256 kb/sec. Sound quality shouldn't be too bad.

Audacity does require you to download an extension called 'lame', in order to export .mp3 files, however.

You can get lame here. Just put the "lame_enc.dll" file inside the Audacity folder (you don't need to install it lame, or do anything else with the contents of the compressed folder). Then, when the program asks where it is, browse for the file.

Or, if you're lazy, you can send me the file, and I can do it for you (tomorrow though, since I'm going to sleep now. :p)

Reaction score
Look for an audio editing program, like audacity. Simply export it as a lower sample rate, like 96 kb/sec, instead of something like 256 kb/sec. Sound quality shouldn't be too bad.

Audacity does require you to download an extension called 'lame', in order to export .mp3 files, however.

You can get lame here. Just put the "lame_enc.dll" file inside the Audacity folder (you don't need to install it lame, or do anything else with the contents of the compressed folder). Then, when the program asks where it is, browse for the file.

Or, if you're lazy, you can send me the file, and I can do it for you (tomorrow though, since I'm going to sleep now. :p)

how to adjust the thing like change it from 256kb/sec to 96kb/sec?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.