Dissable Scroll Wheel Camera Cotnrol?

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Simple question: Is there a way to stop the scroll wheel from changing the camera angle in a map? I have the camera snapped to a unit and the arrow-keys turn and zoom the camera, and the scroll wheel messes that up.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation

Wouldn't the lock camera Trigger work?

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I can't just set the camera angle constantly to fix it. The problem is that when it moves the camera down to change the perspective, it also resets the zoom and direction. So if I zoom out and spin the camera around to the other side of my character, hitting the scroll wheel even a little sets it back to the defaults, but doesn't reset the variables I use to keep track of the camera, so the next time I try to turn or zoom the camera, it snaps back to where I had it before and moves from there. This makes the camera pretty dizzying and weird.

I already use the lock camera command. That just makes sure the camera is always looking at my character, and won't move away. It doesn't stop changes to the rotation or zoom.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well you can check the scroll etc periodically to detect whether mouse wheel has been scrolled or not. thence you can re-set all your camera data.

that would be the only solution i know.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation

Wouldn't the lock camera Trigger work?

I don't think it works that way.
I think you need to run a periodic trigger to do that.

shadowmapper

Reaction score
at the moment i'm solving this problem (in gui script) with a periodic trigger that sets the appropriate camera and focus unit every 0.5 seconds of the game if conditions are true, so that if you try to zoom your screen just kinda shakes a bit until you stop playing with the mouse wheel.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Threadomancers i hate them.
This thread is old and its solved im sure.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.