DSL connectivity issues

shadowmapper

Reaction score
Need a little help guys...

I recently purchased a notebook and now I'm having some strange connectivity issues on my existing DSL home line. For instance pages never stop loading (currently 'Waiting for www.thehelper.net...'), I'm unable to connect to game services like Battlenet or Steam, they just act as if no network connection exists. Also cannot connect to video based chats ustream or tinychat. Cannot view secured pages in web based mail, banking apps, etc...

The connection works if the notebook is behind a router, although the router I am using has serious connectivity problems so I tend to use a direct connection, especially for gaming. It also works fine in other locations I've been, via wireless or on a wired network (sort of wondering if some settings may have been auto-detected and are causing this problem).

My desktop continues to connect with no problems when I swap the ethernet cable back to it, leading me to believe the problem must exist within the windows 7 network settings.

I've opened a ticket and escalated it a couple times with my provider, but they won't be responding till Monday. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.