Few questions...

L

LightNingzZ

1) I'm using the trigger : Game-Hide creeps camps at minimap.
(Event : time elapsed 2 seconds of the game,no conditions or other actions included ) ---> NOT WORKING.

2) I need to make my map unclickable but I saw in a thread that it's not possible...my map is based on a place where players AREN'T supposed to get there and whenever I click on the minimap it gets to wherever I want .
I need a trigger or something that will PREVENT players from getting to places by pressing the minimap...like making it unclickable...or not helping minimap something like that :]

3)I want to put something on the floor let's say LAVA and when players touch it their hp will decrease I just have no idea how to make that and I know it's possible :D

4)In my map there are many teleports from place to place...right now they are instantly moving players...I wanna make a non-instantly teleport with effects or atleast 1-2 delay before teleporting ..how to?

5) I want night only.. will these triggers ensure me a night-only game?
Event:time elapsed (1 sec).
Conditions:none.
Actions.:
Set time of the day 0.00
Game-Turn day/night cycle off.

Thanks for helpers sorry for much questions i'm just not adapted with WE.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> I'm using the trigger : Game-Hide creeps camps at minimap.

Post it.

> I need a trigger or something that will PREVENT players from getting to places by pressing the minimap...like making it unclickable...or not helping minimap something like that

Lock the game camera.

> I want to put something on the floor let's say LAVA and when players touch it their hp will decrease I just have no idea how to make that and I know it's possible

Event: Every 1 second of game-time
Condition: None
Action: Set SomeUnitGroup = All Units in Playable Map Area
Pick Every Unit in SomeUnitGroup and Do Actions

Set SomePoint = Position of (Picked Unit)
If: Terrain-type at SomePoint = Lava Then do Actions, Else do Actions
Then: Set Life of (Picked Unit) to (Life of (Picked Unit) - 5)
Else:

Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_SomePoint)

<Outside loop>
Custom Script: call DestroyGroup(udg_SomeUnitGroup)

> I wanna make a non-instantly teleport with effects or atleast 1-2 delay before teleporting ..how to?

Add a wait before the move action.

> I want night only.. will these triggers ensure me a night-only game?

That should work.

L

LightNingzZ

hmm

1. Post what? I use Game-hide creep camps at minimap (that's all).

2.I have no idea how to Lock The Camera :]

3.I didn't really understand what should I do with these triggers you gave me though I think I know why you gave them to me :)

4. Added wait..will it stop the player from moving for [X] seconds I set the wait time?or he would continue moving wherever he wants..

5.Thanks will see..

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Post what?

The trigger. There's no reason it shouldn't work. Try doing it at map init instead.

> I have no idea how to Lock The Camera

Camera trigger functions. Basically, you periodically lock the camera for a player to something. The downside it that you can't scroll the camera normally if you do that.

> I didn't really understand what should I do with these triggers

What is confusing?

> will it stop the player from moving for [X] seconds

No. The trigger just waits. It doesn't affect anything else.

L

LightNingzZ

1. Every time I start the game Creep Camps are not shown but the button which makes them revealed on the minimap is pressable...is there a way to disable that button only? or corrupt all minimap at all? :].

2. this is the only way to make sure players will be prevented from pressing the map? (I don't mind them pressing the minimap just I don't want the "presses" to take them somewhere)...

3.Loops? scripts?calldestroy? :( By the way where I find such terrain looks like lava? t.t
SomeUnitGroup,SomePoint = those are variables? which i need to create? or ?

4.done
5.done
I'm off to sleep thanks for the help leave a message will continue tomorrow.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> the button which makes them revealed on the minimap is pressable

Did you do this, too?

Code:
Game - Disable ally color button and Disable creep camp button

> this is the only way to make sure players will be prevented from pressing the map?

Probably.

> Loops?

Pick Every Unit in Unit Group is a loop action.

> scripts?

Custom Script. It's a regular function you can find under General.

> calldestroy?

A JASS function. It prevents memory leaks.

swb90

Reaction score
3. i believe the lava terrain is in the dungeon or underground tilesets. try looking there.

L

LightNingzZ

Ghan_04 I still didn't manage to understand how to make that lava/hurting lava at all...
And 1 more question: I made dialog buttons and I want each 1 of them to Change my timer's value..is that possible or I need to create 3 different timers and turn the others off?

SWB90: yeah I got TFT and I can't find that lava :X it's on terrain palette? doodad? ( only in doodad there is dungeon choosing and I can't find "LAVA" or anything look like lava only these little volcanos :X ).

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> I still didn't manage to understand how to make that lava/hurting lava at all...

What part is confusing you now?

> I made dialog buttons and I want each 1 of them to Change my timer's value..

Change the value? You mean re-start the timer? That's certainly possible. Or do you want something different?

> I can't find that lava

You must be working in the Dungeon Tileset. It's a terrain type.

L

LightNingzZ

Let's say PLAYER RED presses on the 1st button (from 3 )...That will set my timer to 10 minutes...second button pressed will set the timer to 20 3rd to 30 so on...is that possible?
"Buttons will decide timer's value"..

About the lava.. i've found it thanks...
Is it possible to have ASHENVAL tileset AND lava even if they are different tilesets? (Like lava on the grass)

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Code:
Buttons
    Events
        Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for <Some Dialog>
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Clicked dialog button) Equal to <Some Button>
            Then - Actions
                Countdown Timer - Start <Some Timer> as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
            Else - Actions

Add the two other If actions with the appropriate variables. Make sense?

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
I recommend doing some basic triggering and world editor tutorials before u make your map, not that you dont understand some things, but you should know some of these stuff and then you should really experiment with the triggers before posting something simple, Otherwise its fine, just to get a hang of it ur self go here and read some tutorials
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/

L

LightNingzZ

hmm the map I make isn't that hard and I made alot by myself + I didn't work with WE for long time and now i'm back and ghan is helping me remind many things ...I used many tutorials anyway if it makes you sleep good at night :]

Code:
Buttons
    Events
        Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for <Some Dialog>
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Clicked dialog button) Equal to <Some Button>
            Then - Actions
                Countdown Timer - Start <Some Timer> as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
            Else - Actions

Add the two other If actions with the appropriate variables. Make sense?

Yes it makes sense but I don't think you understand what I wanted to do t.t
Anyways I got it worked I checked and it works fine I did like that:
--------------------------
EVENT:Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for TimerDialog

CONDITION:(Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButton1

Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for MyTimer[1] with title [title]
Set MyTimerWindow = (Last created timer window)
Countdown Timer - Change the color of the title for MyTimerWindow to (80.00%, 50.00%, 40.00%) with 5.00% transparency
Countdown Timer - Show MyTimerWindow
Countdown Timer - Start MyTimer[1] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 10.00 seconds
-------------------------
I made 3 buttons with 3 same timer just with other value of seconds...
Should work ?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Should work ?

Yes. Though it could be done more efficiently my way.

L

LightNingzZ

> Should work ?

Yes. Though it could be done more efficiently my way.

Good :)

To the next question :):):)

When game ends I want a string to show up...the string will contain the reaced timer time..
Let's say game ends at 3:34 (timer didn't finish)..
String : You complete the game blabla within 3:34 minutes...
what do i need to do to accomplish that :?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
1. Don't keep adding new questions to the thread. Ask a few in the beginning, but if you need to ask more on unrelated topics, start a new one.

2. This should work:

Code:
Game - Display to (All players) the text: (You completed the game with  + ((String((Remaining time for <Some Timer>))) +  left.))

swb90

Reaction score
About the lava.. i've found it thanks...
Is it possible to have ASHENVAL tileset AND lava even if they are different tilesets? (Like lava on the grass)

it should be able to be done, i'll try it out and get back to you.

go to Advance > Modify Tileset > Use Custome Tileset

choose ur base tileset and then the tiles from other sets that you wish to use and add them. there is a limit to how many tiles you can add but if you can remove the ones that you don't need it you need more space.

L

LightNingzZ

okay I got you...thanks for the help i'll check if i can fine more tutorials and if not ill open new threads.

swb90: thanks that's very helpfull !

1. Don't keep adding new questions to the thread. Ask a few in the beginning, but if you need to ask more on unrelated topics, start a new one.

2. This should work:

Code:
Game - Display to (All players) the text: (You completed the game with  + ((String((Remaining time for <Some Timer>))) +  left.))

Where is " Remaining time for" located? can't find it after I press the STRING button :X

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.