Reaction score
Hi, I'm working on a spell.

The Ability

Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
Ability being cast equal to MyAbility
Actions
Unit - Cause (Casting Unit) to damage (Target unit of Ability being cast), dealing (Random real number between ((Real(Level of MyAbility for (Triggering Unit))) x 100.00) and ((Real(Level of MyAbility for (Triggering Unit))) x 1000.00)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

But the problem is, I'm trying to add some floating text to it so I can see how much damage the ability does. But I can't get it to work. Can someone help ?:thup:

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads LOL above (Casting unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
    • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
    • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 4.00 seconds

Something like this?

DrStyles

Reaction score
Alright.
Trigger:
  • Set Integer = (Random real number between ((Real(Level of MyAbility for (Triggering Unit))) x 100.00) and ((Real(Level of MyAbility for (Triggering Unit))) x 1000.00))
    • Unit - Cause (Casting Unit) to damage (Target unit of Ability being cast), dealing Integerdamage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
    • Set Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(Integer)) at Point with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
    • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds

Then just delete the leaks. 2 variables.
Integer, and Point

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.