Frost Nova spell?

eric92

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a frost nova type spell? Where once you cast the spell, all enemy units around you are frozen in place for a fue seconds? Or can someone help me make one like this. I am thinking of the world of warcraft spell frost nova that mages have. Can someone can help me get a spell like this? I couldent find any on the hive either.

eric92

Reaction score
War Stomp.

Yes but doesnt warstomp stun, or did it slow?? Either way I wanted a frozen in place type of spell, like if all the units around u got entangled in roots, or frozen in there place. I dont want to stun them, or slow them.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
To make something like Frost Nova, first decide on which type of root you want to use. Entangling Roots stops the unit from attacking entirely and is magical, while Ensnare can be either physical or magical (game constants) and allows the unit to attack as long as it has the range.

With the graphic you can use some of the in-game effects that already exist. You have the Frost Nova blast from the original spell, but you can also use the Freezing Breath death animation to create a more circular blast. To do that, simply create a dummy unit using the Freezing Breath missile as its art model with a large scale, and kill the unit to get the death animation. For the root effect, you can either use the Freezing Breath buff art which engulfs the unit entirely in ice, but since that doesn't look so good when the unit can attack and cast spells I recommend importing this neat effect (though you may need to sign up first before downloading, and remember to credit the author).

For the trigger, simply pick enemy units in a radius around the caster and create a dummy unit to cast the snare spell on them.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
What's the difference?
Stun prevents the unit from using items and casting spells. Root effects just holds their movement and prevent attacking (depending on the type of root spell). If you've played melee, you know what a large difference there is between stunning a hero and rooting it.

eric92

Reaction score
Hey thx bogrim. I made the trigger like u said and used roots, used the model u posted and the spell is exactly what i was looking for.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.