Game Concept

Warchild-NC

Reaction score
How do you go about giving out a new game concept for someone to work on?

its not ground breaking, but i think it would be fun and have a good replay value, and ive not seen a map with the same concept or system.

Its way to hard for me to make. Im still trying to learn basic jass.

Would need someone with alot of time, master of jass, and the ability to make new systems.

Thanks for any replys.

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
If I understood your point, you search someone to help you creating a map, but you don't specify the type of your map?

Well I think you must somehow attract our jass pros with a few snippets of information about your game concept ;)

Warchild-NC

Reaction score
Well seeing it may not be a new concept and definitely not ground breaking ill just post the idea here. i doubt anyone will want to make the map, but i still think it would be a fun map.

The Concept ….

The game loads and the first thing you see is a cinematic which tells the following ( these are also the main points of the game )

1. Welcome to the WC3 Tournament of champions.

2. This will be a ladder type tournament.

3. To start everyone will duel everyone one time.

4. Then everyone will duel the person one ranking higher than them for a chance to advance on the ladder. ( leader board or muiltiboard )

5. All players will vote on how long the tournament will last. 60, 90, 120, 150, 180 min.’s

6. The 1st thing you need to do is pick who your fighter will look like. ( need 12 to 24 models to pick from)

7. The 2nd thing you need to do is spend your 50 attribute points ( Strength, Agility, Intelligence )

8. The 3rd thing you need to do is pick your Abilities
( 4 standard and 2 Ultimate )( There should be at least 24 spells/Abilities and at least 12 of them custom )

9. The 4th thing you need to do is pick what weapons and/or armor you want to use in the tournament.
( give them like 2400 gold and some weapons and armor to buy.

10. You have X min’s to setup your fighter ( X mins = a vote for Hero setup time ex: 2,3,4,5 min’s )

11. Matches will start every 3 mins. If no winner in 3 mins then its a tie. all wins/lose/ties to be added for rankings after each duel.

12. Good Luck your hero setup time starts now.

There should be at least 6 Difference arenas on the map for duelers to be moved to, and all of them a difference theme . I have messed around with the Arena themes and there could be a many as 12 arenas on a 128x128 map.

There are already some Systems made I think you could work with. Ex:

Customizable Heroes Selector by: AceHart
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57746

Buying Spells From a Shop by: Andrewgosu
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95188

Duel Arena by: emjlr3
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112125

Attribute System v4 by: emjlr3
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75486

Ladder system by: phyrex1an
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64797

Lots of item combine systems on the forum to choose from.

This just the base concept and would need to be improved and other options added. Like an advanced computer AI to fill empty slots and to take the place of players leaving.

As you can see the idea is to keep things interesting by having difference arena themes and many spell/ability combo’s to setup for a winning Strategy. If there are a lot of things to change on your hero then players will keep coming back to play the map thinking if they spend the attribute points on this and get this spell they would do better, and keep trying to move up in the rankings.

All models should use the same base level 5 hero with zero attribute points, so players can spend the attribute points where they think they will work the best. ( Strength, Agility, Intelligence ) also make sure the attribute points make a difference in how the hero will perform.

All players will have the same spells/abilities to pick from to keep everything fair. Maybe set a system that they can only choose 1 aggressive, 1 passive, 1 attack, and 1 casting/spell ability? Like I said these things need to be worked out to make the game the best it can be.

Should attribute points and spells/Abilities be reset after each match for repicking? To stop players from leaving the game if they have a losing setup.

Rewards for each win should be X amount of gold for weapon/armor upgrades

Losers should still get a small reward for the match to upgrade weapons/armor ??

Computer AI should use abilities picked my us to ensure they are good fighters and not a quick win for ranking.

Would be nice if the Computers had names and not just computer player #8 ex: Slash (AI), Jack the Ripper (AI), Cowboy Bob (AI), anything besides computer player.

Maybe have some type of computer commentary that makes funny comments after each match?

Maybe team duels, clan duels, good vs evil?

any how the idea seemed like it would be a fun and challenging game based on hero setup. there maybe something like this out already, but i dont really play on battlenet so ive not seen anything like this.

thanks for reading or replying.

Warchild-NC aka noob

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.