Games Constantly Crashing

The whole inside is covered in layers of dust. Definitely going to clean it out and see if that helps at all.

Also, everything is at the default. No overclocking done. :D

Ok, specifically dust on the heatsink and or fan is what you should try to get rid of.

Keep us posted on if it helped or not.

Tip: Leaving the case open, and having a living room fan blowing at the motherboard helps.

Well cleaning it out seems to have dropped the heat (30C on the GPU. o_o), so I guess it's fixed (for now).

:D

Well cleaning it out seems to have dropped the heat (30C on the GPU. o_o), so I guess it's fixed (for now).

:D

It's not that surprising actually. For example, i have a Dual Core Intel CPU and the stock fan is just a vacuum for dust. Every 2-3 months i have to clean it otherwise my temperatures rise astronomically, and my computer just shuts down. Make sure you do periodic cleanings inside you're computer every once in a while (at least the CPU fan). When cleaning you should avoid using any sort of vacuum device or a rag. The best thing you can clean with is a hard tipped paint brush (a thick and thin ones would do wonders). Hopefully there won't be more crashes ^^

Or you can try a commercial compressed air canister you see in hardware stores.

Yeah, that's what I used. Friend of mine said to use it, since anything else could miss some of the dust.

Worked wonderfully.

I'm sorry to step in like this after the problem is already solved but I just can't help myself here.

@Lyerae: You should be lucky your GPU did not turn into a piece of charcoal with those temps. I have had capacitors exploding in my power supply at 80 degrees. I check my computer for dust every 3months and sometimes more often just because I can't be careful enough with my comp, I suggest you do the same from now on.

Tip: Leaving the case open, and having a living room fan blowing at the motherboard helps.
It can help when you don't have a fan at all in the computer, if you have all fans working correctly then it is best to keep the case closed since opening it will ruin the airflow:thdown:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.