Graphical Lag

Sessional

Reaction score
It's started off being nothing more then a spike here or there while gaming, however, now it's up to choppiness on an every day activity such as scrolling down a web page.

I was playing Battlefield Bad Company 2, and it became unbearable. I closed out of the game, rebooted and then tried to browse a web page, it wouldn't even make it to the bottom without locking up for a few moments.

Hardware:
eVGA GeForce 8800 GT
4 Gigs of assorted ram (2 different speeds)
P35-DS****** motherboard from Gigabyte (don't know the exact letters, if you need them I can find em)
500watt power supply
2.66GHz Duo Core Intel chipset
500/250GB 7200RPM hard drive

I was told it might deal with my internet speed which is 1.5mbps with a 55ms response time to my isp.

Running Windows 7 x64 Professional - about a year ago it ran as smooth as ever recently it's just got slower and slower.

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
Download Speccy and post the temperature of your graphics card.

Also, power supplies degrade over time and it's possible that it can no longer handle your graphics card and CPU, how old is this computer?

Sessional

Reaction score
65 degrees celsius with nothing other then my two monitors going and a few browser tabs open and speccy.

Started blowing an external house fan on it, it's at 55 degrees celsius now. Computer is a couple years old, between 2-4, I don't remember exactly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.