Gaming Helldivers 2 CEO Apologizes For PSN Account Requirement

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Late Thursday/early Friday, it was announced that Helldivers 2 players on Steam would be required to connect to a PlayStation (PSN) account in order to continue playing the game.

The reaction from players to the news went exactly as you’d expect. As of publishing, the game has seen nearly 37,000 negative reviews on May 3 alone, according to SteamDB. It’s something that the Helldivers 2 developers at Arrowhead Game Studios are aware of, and it’s even got the attention of the studio’s CEO Jhan Pilestedt.

“Well, I guess it’s warranted. Sorry everyone for how this all transpired,” he said via Twitter. “I hope we will make it up and regain the trust by providing a continued great game experience. “I just want to make great games!”

As far as the decision behind the policy goes, the game’s community manager said on the game’s official Discord server that it was a Sony decision, not Arrowhead.

“First of all, it’s Sony’s decision, not ours,” he said. “Secondly, we don’t have all the details about region related issues yet. We’re chasing Sony to get more info.”

The new Helldivers 2 PlayStation account rules go into enforcement on May 6 for new players while current players on Steam will have to have their accounts linked by June 6.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.