Help with map freezing.

Zonagle

Reaction score
I fixed the problem myself, don't worry about it.

Alright, so I initially had this map on a 224x224 grid, but I realized I wouldn't have enough space for all the things I wanted to include. So, I exported all the data, and created a new map which was 416x416. Perhaps a little big, but I figured I could use the extra room to add more features in the future.

However, when I open my map, it runs normal for about 5 seconds, then it freezes for about 10 seconds, then for the rest of the time, everything is laggy. I have no idea how to fix it, so I uploaded the map in hopes that one of you could help.

Since this didn't occur in the smaller version of my map, I have to assume it's because of the size. I have played maps that break the size limit on Battle.net before though, so I'm hoping there's a way to fix this.

EDIT: I used about 150-200 trees to create a dense forest, and once I deleted it, the game only paused 5 seconds in for a about half a second. Something still seems wrong, I tried adding more doodads, and trees, and once again, the same problem occurred. I'm afraid to keep working on the map now, since it looks like it's just going to stuff up.

EDIT2: I've located the problem, it's the creep revival trigger. Once I removed that, I didn't get any pauses at all, and I placed A LOT of trees. I didn't write the triggers for it, it came from this site, so I don't know how to fix it. Any help would once again, be appreciated.

Silver

Reaction score
First of all, you don't have to create a new map to have a bigger size. Just go to Scenario - Map Size and Camera Bounds and check the "Modify Map Bounds" .

But for your lag, it is probably because you're extending the 256x256 "limit". This will create lag. Consider making buildings, doodads and units smaller if your map is supposed to be really big.

Zonagle

Reaction score
First of all, you don't have to create a new map to have a bigger size. Just go to Scenario - Map Size and Camera Bounds and check the "Modify Map Bounds" .

But for your lag, it is probably because you're extending the 256x256 "limit". This will create lag. Consider making buildings, doodads and units smaller if your map is supposed to be really big.

So you don't know how to make maps above the 256x256 limit work? I guess I'll just have to revert it back down to that.

Zonagle

Reaction score
You using NewGen?

Yeah, but the map size isn't actually the problem, I tested it by making it smaller again, and importing the doodads from the larger map.

I used about 150-200 trees to create a dense forest, and once I deleted it, the game only paused 5 seconds in for a about half a second. Something still seems wrong, I tried adding more doodads, and trees, and once again, the same problem occurred. I'm afraid to keep working on the map now, since it looks like it's just going to stuff up.

EDIT: I fixed the problem myself, don't worry about it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.