Help with trigger

Darkonight

Reaction score
Well... So I have a trigger that makes it so when u write -yes a Units "Specefic sea Giant" is ordered to move to a region... problem tho ;O After going a wile the Unit turns around and goes back...

Probebly a realy easy fix, hit me! :D

Thanks before hand

Darkonight

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Sea Giant help 2
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing Yes as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing Yes as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing Yes as An exact match
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing Yes as An exact match
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing Yes as An exact match
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing Yes as An exact match
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing Yes as An exact match
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing Yes as An exact match
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing Yes as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)
      • Trigger - Turn off Sea Giants Help <gen>
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Follow me! above Sea Giant 0121 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 30.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)
      • Unit - Order Sea Giant 0121 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 025 <gen>)
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

toteto

Reaction score
Maybe something is triggering trigger Sea Giants Help (i suppose that that trigger is ordering the sea giant to move to start position of Sea Giant Help 2).

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
Units automatically go back after a period of time. It's a WC3 thing, that prevents creeps from following you home.
Maybe Reset Guard Location repeatedly or go into Game Constants and fixing it.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Isn't it only with Neutral Hostile this problem will occur? If yes, could you make it a unit of another player?

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
I believe it's everyone though, it prevents your units from following people home so.. -shrug-
Try it anyways!

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
Under the AI category there's reset guard positions, I believe. I'm not sure what it passes or if it even works.

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Try something like this. :/
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order Slammer 0043 <gen> to Move To ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by 700.00 towards (Angle from (Position of (Triggering unit)) to (Position of (Triggering unit))) degrees)

Then Move Unit Instantly to that position. Moving instantly sets their guard to that point.

Remember to fix leaks.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Would it not be better to make the floating text independent from the destroys?
ie. Disable Permanence -> Change Life Span -> change fading time?

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads |cffff0000B|r|cffff... at MyPoint with Z offset 0.00, using font size 20.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    • Set FloatText[0] = (Last created floating text)
    • Floating Text - Change FloatText[0]: Disable permanence
    • Floating Text - Change the fading age of FloatText[0] to 0.20 seconds
    • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of FloatText[0] to 1.00 seconds
    • Custom script: set udg_FloatText[0] = null

Darkonight

Reaction score
Guess i Could do like 5 Regions intill there region i want him at... and do so when he goes to the first one (The point he will turn around) He teleports to where hes standing and then is ardered to move the the next one.... and keep this up intill he reach targeted point ;O

inevit4ble

Reaction score
I know its about the movement of the unit, but why ignore something just because its not the topic?

@Darkonight: does it have to be moved? and moved via walking? alternatively you could move instantly? or create the unit close by and move it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.