Hero Ideas

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I know there's millions of threads about this, but it's slightly different. What I need are hero ideas where each hero has synergistic abilities.

An example is my War Mage who uses his mana to deal damage and add to his strength per % of it being depleted, he has one skill to use his mana and deal AoE damage, then to prevent OP he has mana steal on attack adding/removing mana from the attacked unit based on 15% of the damage dealt.

Super.Gnome

Reaction score
I dont know if this is what you were looking for, but I once made an archer who had: Black arrow, Dark Ritual, and Mana Shield.

I thought she was cool :cool:

Renendaru

Reaction score
That's kind of not what I meant. I'm going to supply the hero name, lore and all that, but I basically need a skill set that works together well.

SkateuUp

Reaction score
synergistic as in they all work in sync with each other or fit together well. Such as the Tauren Chieftain on DoTA.
1st spell: Omni-Step, The hero races around in a circle setting up wires around the area.(Basically creates a circular area that slows or stuns enemy heroes upon leaving it.
2cd Spell: Rage, The hero goes into a rage where he loses control and attacks anyone near him. Gains some kind of stats or such. The hero will not go outside of a certain range.
3rd Spell: Taunt, Causes nearby enemies to attack the hero.
Ultimate Spell: Incinerate, The hero builds his energy for a second then releases it, incinerating nearby foes. Shoots out flame waves in 6 directions resembling a + and x placed on top of each other.

roXplosive

Reaction score
I was thinking of something like this :

Syndel Vexbreaker has always been a talented kid in the magic arts but by some elder mages he is trying to accomplish the impossible in trying to manifest a pure unbiased magic . Everyone in the mage clans considers that it is imposible to project out unpolarized magical energy but lately rumors have it that a young wanderer has been seen using unknown magic arts .

1. Arcane Explosion : you saturate an area with magical energy causing the creatures/golems caught inside to supersaturate with magic and take damage because of this anomaly . Some of them are so linked to earth that this change affects their inner structure (20% chance to turn them ethereal) .
2. Color Spray : Send direct magic blasts directed to your opponent's heads making them see an illusion . You have a chance to stun/paralyze/daze/kill them . (dazed cannot attack , paralized are paused units , and we all know what stun does ) . If the target of effect is a hero he can reduce the chances of being affected according his stats Str vs stun , Agi vs daze and intel vs paralisys and kill effect .
Note : Breathe fire that requires you to get in melee range to cast .
3. Arcane Intellect (Passive) Every time you cast a spell you atutomattically emit a nova to damage nearby foes , damage dealt depends on current mana . If the foe is magic resistant the nova will damage him 50% as pure damage and 50% as normal spell damage .
4. Space Distortion : The hero sends out ripples of magic energy that can send enemies to an alternate dimension for a brief period and transform themselves into elemental magic when nearby enemies .
Send out a number of dummy units . Give them your level or Arcane intellect and your current mana , and according to the level of this skill some modified dummy spells : Forked Lightning , Breathe Fire , Frost Nova , Thunder Clap . Move them at a predefined speed and make them periodically cast their spells (random element) when in 250 AoE of an enemy .

Renendaru

Reaction score
>SkateuUp: I can't really use that skill set since this is for an Orpg, not an AoS or Arena.

I need skill sets which all work with each other, by increasing effects or by other helpful buffs.

>roXplosive: I like the idea, but not some of the effects. I'll tinker with it some +rep.

Nethrezim

Reaction score
1st skill: Crystal Synergy (passive) - Azurite and Quartz crystals protect the hero adding a little armor and reflecting a percentage of the damage taken.
2nd skill: Soul Search - The hero searches the soul of an enemy dealing damage equal to 10% of his total HP and stealing 20% of his current mana.
3rd skill: Third Eye Vision - The hero activates his third eye draining mana every second, giving him a dodge chance and improving the armor he gains from Crystal Synergy and the damage dealt by Soul Search.
4th skill: Ethereal Evasion (passive) - The hero`s Celestite crystal gives him a chance to dodge an attack and automatically teleport behind him dealing a certain amount of damage. If the target is a hero it also steals 5 Intellect for 10 seconds.

You can modify the names and the tooltips a bit to fit your scenario better.
For the first one use Thorns Aura.
Second can be a triggered Mana Burn or something.
Third can be a triggered Immolation. Just make an Immolation dummy that consumes mana and then trigger it to add a dodge chance and replace the normal spells with the improved ones for the duration of the Immolation dummy.
As for the fourth spell use Yurnero`s omnislash ability as a proc. I mean when someone attacks the hero make him cast Yurnero`s omnislash with 1 hit. And trigger the intellect steal.

Hope it helps:D

Renendaru

Reaction score
>Nethrezim: I like the Idea of it, but not the actual spells. I'll play around with it to fit an Orpg.

Nethrezim

Reaction score
Ok. The idea to my spells are spirit, soul and energy that create life. I forgot to think up of an AoE spell. How about something like Spirit Disruption Aura (passive) - An aura that disrupts nearby enemies spirits dealing a certain amount of damage to neaby units. Like an Immolation with bigger AoE or something like that.

Good luck:thup:

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Ill see what I can bring forth:

Dual Attack: Instantly attacks twice at the cost of X mana. Both attacks can trigger effects.
Blizzard Breath: Breaths cold air into the target direction for up to 5 seconds, dealing X damage to all enemies caught in its way. In addition, the enemies receive +X% slow for every second they stand in inside the breath. The slow lasts untill 9 seconds after Blizzard Breath ends.
Glacial Charge: Every 4 attacks, the hero becomes charged with icy energies. His next attack will then deal X bonus damage and slow the target by X% for 6 seconds.
Frostbite: Freezes the target in a chunk of ice for X seconds. Once he escapes the ice, he will take X times his percentage slow in damage every second for 8 seconds.

Synergy Explenation:
Dual Attack can be used to rapidly trigger Glacial Charge. Now the enemy is slowed and vunerable, the hero can use Frostbite to bind him and unleash Blizzard Breath on him. Thanks to Frostbite, Blizzard Breaths maximum damage and slow can be reached, increasing the damage Frostbite deals afterwards.

Necrotic Spirits: Causes X spirits to wander around the hero. When an unit within 400 range of the hero dies, the spirit takes possession of the corpse and becomes an undead unit under the heroes control. The amount of undead is limited to the amount of spirits.
Otherwordly Nova: Charges the target 400 AOE with corrupted energies, which explode 2 seconds later. This deals X damage to all enemies in that area, as well as it instantly kills all Necrotic Spirits undead in that area, returning X health and mana to the hero for each undead killed.
Bone Prison: Imprisons the target for X seconds. For every unit that dies within 300 range of the imprisoned target, the length is increased by another X second.
Hellfire: Covers the target area with hellfire, dealing a mere X damage per second. For every second an enemy remains in the hellfire however, the damage he takes per second is increased by X.

Synergy Explenation:
Both Hellfire as well as Otherwordly Nova can be used to quickly kill off large groups of creeps, allowing the hero to build up a small army of undead with Necrotic Spirits. The manacost can be slightly compensated by trying to kill off dying undead minions with Otherwordly Nova. Once the hero encounters an enemy hero, he can use Bone Prison to imprison him and swarm undead minions on the victim. In addition, he can use Hellfire, which deals great damage since the enemy can go nowhere. When Bone Prison threatens to end, use Otherwordly Nova to kill off the undead minions and increase its duration.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
skills for a mountain king hero:

Thunder Hammer
Starts channeling powers in his hammer adding strength damage every second. When the channel is done (or cancels) throws his hammer at target location dealing gathered AOE damage on impact and stunning units for 0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25 seconds for each channeled second. If casted under Force Smash buff, it will deal bonus damage and knock the units back.
Force Smash
Slams the ground heavily slowing nearby enemy units by 50% for X seconds. On his next attack he will blast the target and nearby enemies damaging and knocking them back. Duration 15 seconds.
Physical Strength - passive
For each 6/5/4/3 agility points adds up 0.5 armor and 1 strength.
Storm Weapons - ultimate
Enchants his axe and hammer with lightning powers. Every time he attacks with his axe, he will deal bonus damage, stun and knockback the target. Damage and stun duration depends on agility. Every time he attacks with his hammer he will deal bonus damage and slow nearby enemies by 50% for X seconds. Damage and slow duration depends on his strength. Lasts 3/4/5/6 strikes with each weapon.
You will have to trigger his animations when he attacks.

Summoned

Reaction score
Off the top of my head, Burning Archer:

Illuminating Shot - Shoots a flaming arrow at the target, dealing very little damage over time, but slows and gives you vision of the target until the effect expires.

Immolation Arrow - Shoots an arrow at a target area, setting it on fire for a moderate period of time. The longer a unit stays in the fire, the more damage per second it takes.

Molten Volley - Fires a steady stream of arrows at a target area, stunning all enemies caught by falling arrows for a brief period of time.

Fatal Explosion (Ultimate) - Takes a few seconds to cast, fires a single long ranged shot at a direction that explodes if/when it hits a target, dealing massive damage to all enemies caught in it.

The idea is to use the two disables to keep an enemy in the fire for a while and make it easier to land the ultimate.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope this might be what you are looking for. i only put some ideas together which i had just now. sets for heroes with 3 normal abilitys and 1 ultimate, no passives.

Mage Skillset:

Skill 1. Shape Magic [Instant / Low Mana cost]
Summons an orb of pure magic energy which follows the caster and damages enemys in range. after 15 attacks the energy of the orb is exhausted and it vanishs. Stucks up to 5 orbs.

Skill 2. Outburst of Magic [Cast Time / High Mana cost
Immediately explodes all energy spheres around the caster dealing AoE damage depending on the number of spheres. if no spheres are summoned this skill deals only very little damage but still little bit.

Skill 3. Magical Reallocation [Channeling / Medium Mana cost]
The caster channels magic energy to weaken all surrounding enemys and empowering all nearby allies. Magic orbs will get extra benefits.

Ultimate Skill Magic Enragement [Channeling / High Mana cost]
While channeling the caster will spawn a new magic orb every x seconds (limit amount of magic orbs is removed while casting this ability). each timer the caster now receives damage a random orb will be used to cast a random elemental spell on the source of damage.

Bloodthirster Skillset​

Skill 1. Killing frenzy [Active / Medium Mana cost]
When activated each following attack will increase the bloodthirsters attack speed by 3% to a maximum of 60%. When the bloodthirster doesnt attack for 15 seconds the bonus will wear off and the skill is deactivated.

Skill 2. Rupture Hit [Instant / Medium Mana cost]
Attack which causes the target to bleed heavily dealing damage over time and slowing down its movement speed.

Skill 3. Bloodlust [Instant / Medium Mana cost]
Increases the damage and attack speed of the bloodthirster. Additionally grants double damage on all targets which are currently bleeding. [Rupture Hit]

Ultimate The Beast Inside [Instant / Very High Mana cost]
Strikes the targeted enemy to deal a high amount of damage maxing the attack power of the bloodthirster out for 10 seconds. Grants additional life steal on bleeding targets. By times the bloodthirster may enter a rage mode losing control attacking any target in range no matter if ally or enemy.
The duration of this ability is increased by 3 seconds each time the bloodthirster hits an enemy.

Darkblade Skillset​
Skill 1. Mark of Darkness [Instant / Low mana cost]
marks an enemy with dark energy lowering his max hitpoints (or maybe damage/attackspeed whatever you want) for 30 seconds.

Skill 2. Tunnel Slice [Instant / Medium Mana cost]
switches positions with the target. if the target is marked with Mark of Darkness [Skill 1.] the caster deals high damage to the target as well.

Skill 3. Dark Inversion [Cast Time / High Mana cost]
Removes all Mark of Darkness from all enemys within 600 range increasing the casters damage and attack speed for each one by 4%. All Mark of Darkness will be removed from the picked targets afterwards. If no enemy is marked this ability will have only a little effect.

Ultimate Skill Dark Consumption [Channeling / High Mana cost]
While channeling the caster will steal 3% of current hitpoints and mana of each target marked with Mark of Darkness within 700 range. Additionally all Targets marked will have reduced movement speed while they are in range.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Sorry for not mentioning this, but every hero must have one passive, sorry for for bringing that up earlier.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
ok the 3rd skill of the mage and darkness blade are passive as well as the first of the bloodthirster.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I am willing to help with ideas for your map but I don't completely understand synergistic abilities, I mean I think I know what you're saying but at the same time, I have no idea. :eek:

Renendaru

Reaction score
Well, for those of you who have played dota think of the hero Bloodseeker. His abilities work in turn to keep the unit moving, or entirely still. The moment he finds a lone hero, they know to run. What I'm trying to achieve are heroes who use all of their abilities, and in turn use them well. I can try and post an example of my latest hero the Prime Matron.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I'm able to help, but I hope this skill set is fine for you.

Dragon Blaze

Vulcan Pillar (Active, AoE Target)
Creates a pillar of flame that erupts in a target area, while hurling bolts of lava around the area, damaging enemies. The pillar deals much damage while it leaves a residual flame that substantially damages enemies within it, and it lasts 7 seconds. Destroys trees and destructables in the process.

Orb of Pain (Active, Point Target)
Throws a ball of concentrated heat in a line, heating and crippling any enemy unit in its path, dealing 100 damage. Crippled units can't attack, cast spells and they have their move speed cut down to -70% and their armor by -50% in 5 seconds. This orb gets hotter if it passes through Vulcan Pillar's main fire, or its residual fire. If the orb is hotter, the move speed and armor reduction increaseby -85% and -60%, respectively, and the damage will go up to 145 and its duration by 8 seconds.

Flame Sphere (Passive)
Surrounds the hero with a thin flame shield that gives him 35% resistance to all magic. If the Hero takes Fire damage from enemies or from any of his spells, he absorbs the damage and turns it into health (25% of the damage dealt). It also extends the hero's line of sight (if minimap shroud is a part of your orpg).

Pentagram Seal (Ultimate, No Target)
Summons a large pentagram around the hero, followed by periodic waves of fire in the form of novas, that deal 125 damage to any enemy unit passing through, occuring every 5 seconds. Vulcan Fire becomes more powerful and lasts much longer if cast within the pentagram. The same goes to Orb of Pain. If the Hero is in the seal and has Flame Sphere, his HP gradually regenerates since the sphere absorbs fire damage and turns it to HP. Lasts 25 seconds.

Notes: If you need more ideas then please say so, I'll add them to this post since I don't want to rapidly increase my post count.

Renendaru

Reaction score
I really like that idea and it'd fit a current hero who I finished lore for, but not the actual skill set. If I can get one more skill set, then I'm set.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.