How do I get custom units to work in AI editor?

nabbig2

Reaction score
I've read ghan's ai editor tutorial, and it is very good, but I just can't get the AI editor to work with custom units. Can someone explain as simply and thoroughly, how to get it to work?

And this is all you need to do to run the AI in the map, right?

HTML:
run ai 1
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        AI - Start melee AI script for Player 2 (Blue): war3mapImported\Just_another_Warcraft_III_AI_1111.ai

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
you need to import your custom data into your ai editor then you are able to command it

nabbig2

Reaction score
you need to import your custom data into your ai editor then you are able to command it

So, I select a custom unit, and export its data first, right? Then I import it back?

I edited the town hall also, I didn't make a new one. Do I still need to import that?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
The easiest is to use the AI editor's option "Import into map"... that does it all with one click.

And, yes, that trigger from post #1 is all that is needed.

pantrygirl

Reaction score
Im having trouble adding custom units to the ai editor. I click "Add to map" in the AI editor window but when i paste the unit path (C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Customs\ArcaneWiz.w3o) it says error with the directory or filename. So importing a custom unit is not something i can do.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
.w3o is an object editor export.
It's created with File / Export all, and put back with File / Import All.
However, importing that will overwrite any changes you currently have...

The AI editor can read those too.
But, once the map has been added, all units in the Object Editor automatically show up in the AI Editor too.
You may have to close / open it once though.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.