How do i make this MUI?

nandosman

Reaction score
Several Spells that i would like to make MUI, but just dunno how :S, +rep for any good help.

1) There's a passive that makes a unit do something when his hps are under/over 30%, how to make that MUI? How to detect the "Any Unit Hps Becomes Under/Over 30%" ?

2) There's a spell that makes a unit cast something through 30 secs, and meanwhile, slows enemies that comes nearby, how to detect in MUI, units coming around my unit ?

3) There is a passive, that empowers a unit when there's no units around it, how to detect that event for any unit with the passive (counting units around every 1 sec for any unit with the passive, or something like that)?

Shura

Reaction score
1) Make a trigger that fires when a unit takes damage, and then check the unit's health.

2) Give the unit a slowing aura for the duration of the casting time?

3) Yes, count the units around any unit with the passive ability periodically, and apply your effect accordingly.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
1) There's a passive that makes a unit do something when his hps are under/over 30%, how to make that MUI? How to detect the "Any Unit Hps Becomes Under/Over 30%" ?
Pick every unit in map and check what you want, also the level of ability and use a periodic trigger to do it

3) There is a passive, that empowers a unit when there's no units around it, how to detect that event for any unit with the passive (counting units around every 1 sec for any unit with the passive, or something like that)?
Same like question 1, pick every unit in X range of the CASTER and if number of unit in group greater then 1 (1 = the caster, you can remove the caster from group, then use greater then 0) you remove/do what you need, also you put back :p

EDIT: shura fast D:

nandosman

Reaction score
@Laiev
Pick every unit in map and check what you want, also the level of ability and use a periodic trigger to do it

mmm but wouldn't that be slower than just doing it not MUI (Event - Unit Life becomes somehting) ? Isn't the "do something every X secs" a unefficient way of doing things?

pick every unit in X range of the CASTER
That would not be MUI, you cannot make a trigger with the "Periodic Event" without using globals to refer to the caster. Unless there's a way that i dunno :/

@Shura
1) Make a trigger that fires when a unit takes damage, and then check the unit's health.
Unit takes damage is a Specific Unit event, not MUI.....yet i saw somewhere around the forum a way to make that event MUI, think i'm gonna read that :/

2) Give the unit a slowing aura for the duration of the casting time?
mmm Slow aura, i like it, form wich spell should I base the aura?

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
@Laiev

mmm but wouldn't that be slower than just doing it not MUI (Event - Unit Life becomes somehting) ? Isn't the "do something every X secs" a unefficient way of doing things?
When you don't know how do it, yes, it's unefficient

That would not be MUI, you cannot make a trigger with the "Periodic Event" without using globals to refer to the caster. Unless there's a way that i dunno :/
the 'caster' what i mean is something like... pick every unit in playable map area matching level of ability X greater then 0
set then pick every unit with X range of picked unit

:)

@Shura

Unit takes damage is a Specific Unit event, not MUI.....yet i saw somewhere around the forum a way to make that event MUI, think i'm gonna read that :/
well, gui damage detect event just leak -.-

you can use GDD made by Weep (Gui Damage Detect) also you can register every unit in playable map area and every unit which enter in map to that trigger, like "set event to the trigger TEST 1 - triggering unit takes damage"

mmm Slow aura, i like it, form wich spell should I base the aura?

endurance with negative value or tornado slow, which is the inverse of endurance <endurance give ms/as, tornado slow reduce>

nandosman

Reaction score
Thx Laiev and Shura for your help, gonna try that slow aura xD, +rep for both

Yet, could you explain me further this Laiev:

When you don't know how do it, yes, it's unefficient

the 'caster' what i mean is something like... pick every unit in playable map area matching level of ability X greater then 0

:)

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
mmm but wouldn't that be slower than just doing it not MUI (Event - Unit Life becomes somehting) ?
No, it will be more fast then use the event (or no, depends of your timer)

Isn't the "do something every X secs" a unefficient way of doing things?
Is a 'safe' mode to do things, EXCEPT if you don't know how do it

use at least 0,03 to don't lag the game

Trigger:
    • Events - Every 0,05 seconds
    • Conditions - ~~~~
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick Every unit in Playable map area matching (level of ability YOUR_ABILITY greater then 0
        • Actions -
          • Unit Group - Pick Every unit with 1000 (is just a example) range of (picked unit) matching (matching unit is alive)
            • Actions -
              • If
                • Number of Picked unit equal to 0
              • Then
                • Add the bonus here
              • Else
                • If
                  • Unit - Unit has ability ABILITY_BONUS (or what ever a unit will gain if some unit is not in range)
                • Then
                  • Remove the bonus here
                • Else

I don't got or play or edit warcraft anymore, so sorry for the freehanded trigger

nandosman

Reaction score
dont worry, i understood, thnx again, i owe u a rep, but it says i must spread mor rep before giving you more. sry for the bother

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.