How to add unit to unit group

Shadow

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I inlined the gui to get GroupAddUnit but how do I add last created units to a unit group?

GroupAddUnit(MyUnitGroup, ? )

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
you could always still use bj_lastCreatedUnit in the same fashion

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
No, you'd have to use the BJ to use bj_lastCreatedUnit. The native would not set bj_lastCreatedUnit.

Using it with the native would be the same as using the local unit variable by replacing all instance of u with bj_lastCreatedUnit and not declaring it as a local.

emjlr3

Reaction score
aren't we talking about JASS here? he is calling a native function, so I imagine he can declare and/or use globals as required

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
He can't use bj_lastCreatedUnit with the native is what I'm saying. Natives don't automatically set bj_lastCreatedUnit.

emjlr3

Reaction score
it doesn't use a global or local, and so long as he is using jASS natives, he will need to use a local or global unit to store the last created unit so he can then add it to a group

in which case bj_lastCreatedUnit fits the bill, just the same as a local unit would, minus the deceleration

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood what I was saying...

All I'm saying is that he can't use bj_lastCreatedUnit if he uses the native unless he sets it to the returned unit because the Native does not automatically set the global to that value.

emjlr3

Reaction score
well then to answer his initial question - yes, it is perfectly safe to use

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.