How to make a quest?

Daisuke Niwa

Reaction score
I'm sorry my english so bad, i hope can be understand. I need help to create a quest...how to make bring me example...thank you :)

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Here's one that's there on map init
Trigger:
  • events
    • map initialization
    • conditions
    • actions
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled FAQ with the description ....., using icon path (whatever you want the icon to be)

Then you can just change event to whatever you want, such as enters a region, kills a unit, etc.

Daisuke Niwa

Reaction score
However how to make a quest has completed?, i'am not understand. Example i'm create a quest to kill a banehallow, then after players kill banehallow, there are a mark quest has been completed in quest dialog, and can you help me again about this, thank you?

Olyvian

Reaction score
You need two triggers for that.

first.
Create a quest type variable. In the trigger editor go > CTRL+B (or the big yellow X) > then CTRL+N (or the green +x sign). > Write whatever name you like, as you see below I called my variable for quest_variable. > Variable type set to Quest. > Press OK. and OK again.
Create a new action called set variable. (Just use the search for text function). > Click on the red text Variable, and find your variable. Press OK.
> Got to value on the right for the variable > Go to function and Last Created Quest. Press OK. and OK again.
Now your trigger would look something like this right?
Trigger:
  • Quest
    • Quest
      • Events
        • Map initialization
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Your Title with the description Your Description, using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
        • Set quest_variable = (Last created quest)

second.
Create a new condition. Click on Boolean Comparison and scroll down to unit-type comparison.
Trigger:
  • Quest Complete
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to BaneHallow
    • Actions
      • Quest - Mark quest_variable as Completed

The other things is a piece of cake. Don't know how much knowledge you have in GUI triggering so... :p

If you need more advanced quest, search for quest tutorials in this forum. It will explain everything you need to know about quests :).
Found one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.