How to make certain abilites? Quiz/Question

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I'm making it now, but I'm pretty busy over here. Just expect it within the week.

Charapanga

Reaction score
Hey adeoin, you helped me, so i'ma help you back, the last one, with the 4 shockwaves, i can make the effect for you though i can't make the rising animation effect..would take way too long if i do it the way i'm thinking...

How much would you want the slam to do damage and how much would the shockwaves do damage?

Renendaru

Reaction score
Eh... I had most of it done, but the file corrupted due to a stupid Jass mistake. If you really want the spell I can re-do it.

Charapanga

Reaction score
Done it, you can modify the damage of shockwave, when i learn how to make the rising animation, i'll edit the map and repost it, k? :)

Hope i helped :D

JASS:
ShockwaveSlam
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to ShockwaveSlam 
    Actions
        Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Set CasterPoint = (Position of Caster)
        Unit - Create 1 Dumm for (Owner of Caster) at CasterPoint facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Hide (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Shockwave to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (CasterPoint offset by (0.00, 250.00))
        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Create 1 Dumm for (Owner of Caster) at CasterPoint facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (CasterPoint offset by (0.00, -250.00))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (CasterPoint offset by (250.00, 0.00))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (CasterPoint offset by (-250.00, 0.00))

adeoin

Reaction score
cool thanks charapanga + rep

To Renen : I'd like you to try again but you dont hafta

adeoin

Reaction score
how could i make the shock waves go...

North East
South West
South

what would the offset be?

Charapanga

Reaction score
how could i make the shock waves go...

North East
South West
South

what would the offset be?

125 i guess...i'm not really good in geometry...i'll try...

EDIT: Nope, just doubles a random Shockwave... I don't know..sorry

Kelvin87

Reaction score
Ability 4:
Earth Wave- unit slowly floats up then quickly slams down causing 4 shockwaves to appear going different directions.

Ability 5:
Lightning Line- mage throws a line of lightning going straight and one direction X is the lightning. --- is sliding.

#4: The floats up effect and quickly slam down effect i can show you the simplest way to do(If you are not required to change position). You need cyclone, and 2 dummy units.(1 unit for cyclone spell, another one for shockwaves). When the unit cast a spell, call "cyclone dummy" to "cyclone" the unit that casting the spell, then the animation time you can adjust it on object editor->ability section. The effect of the cyclone you can replace it with other effect. The height of flight you can adjust it to your wanted height. So, the landing time you make it short so that it seems like "Slam down". After that, you create "shockwaves dummies" to cast the shockwave ability.

#5: The "lightning" i think you make it as unit will give you a better outlook. you give it(lightning ball) an ability of "building damage aura" or "permanent immolation". When the mage click the spell on the ground, the lightning ball will be created and you order the lightning ball to move to the destination what you fixed.

Am I help?

Renendaru

Reaction score
The rise animation can be done using flying height, which is enabled through adding Crow Form to the unit...

Charapanga

Reaction score
Well...while i was experimenting, i made you the fire slam thing...

Map is attached...REALLY BIG TRIGGER

JASS:
ShockwaveSlam
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to FireSlam 
    Actions
        Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Set CasterPoint = (Position of Caster)
        Unit - Add Breath of Fire to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire (CasterPoint offset by (-250.00, 125.00))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire (CasterPoint offset by (-250.00, -125.00))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire (CasterPoint offset by (250.00, 125.00))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire (CasterPoint offset by (250.00, -125.00))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire (CasterPoint offset by (125.00, 250.00))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire (CasterPoint offset by (-125.00, -250.00))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire (CasterPoint offset by (-125.00, 250.00))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire (CasterPoint offset by (125.00, -250.00))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire (CasterPoint offset by (-250.00, 0.00))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire (CasterPoint offset by (250.00, 0.00))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire (CasterPoint offset by (0.00, 250.00))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire (CasterPoint offset by (0.00, -250.00))

Renendaru

Reaction score
@Chara: Put in some loops, it really helps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.