How to make your own unit cannot be controlled by the owner of the unit.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
My map is almost done, but there's a small thing i need to be done.

How will i make my unit cannot be controlled by the owner of the unit?
( not pause, the unit is moving in regions to regions )

Thanks.

Well you can try with this one:
JASS:
Events
    Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
Conditions
    (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to YOUR UNIT
Actions
    Selection - Remove (Triggering unit) from selection for Player 1 (Red)

But this is not so efficient, the player can still move the unit if he does it really fast. I'd suggest that if your unit only moves from regions to regions, that you make a trigger that will order the unit to move to that point every 0.01 seconds so the player can't click that fast. But if your unit needs to do more actions than it will produce some lag i guess.
Or maybe you can make a trigger that will remove the specified unit from owner of the same unit's selection every 0.01 seconds :)

Give the unit the 'Ward' classification, and add this trigger:
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    Conditions
        (Issued order) Equal to (Order(smart))
        <Other conditions such as unit type, owning player, etc>
    Actions
        Order (Triggering Unit) to <whatever it's actions should be at this time>

It's impossible. The ward thing is too much trouble.

Been there, done that, but unfortunately without any hope :(

Try using Neutral Victim and Neutral Extra :thup:

Lolz.... Anyone tried, disabling control for player , and enabling it when necessary? Its under cinematics..

@ naughty: that trigger will fail since there is no triggering unit.

I actually made a system for this that worked, but for some reason it just stopped working again. I used it to make Interceptors controlled by a Protoss Carrier uncontrollable.

Depending on the uses, you could give the units locust. They can't be controlled or manually targeted, but AI will still auto-target them.

@ skyblade: if you disable player control, you won't be able to control anything at all.

But, locusts is invulnerable? Anyway, I thought disabling all control was what he wanted for awhile, and when he reach the region, enable control. Well...

Edit: Cuz disabling control, can be done for tht single player, and if u read the thread properly, it meant how to make the units of the owner unable to be controlled by the owner.

Change the unit ownership to an allied computer player, then handle any player-specific functions (ex: bounty, kill count, etc.) via triggers.

Genyuumaru said:
It's impossible. The ward thing is too much trouble.

Umm...what? How is it impossible. It works. What are you talking about?

This is exactly how it is done in castle fight, for example.

> that trigger will fail since there is no triggering unit.

Actually, there is. It's the unit you selected.

And, Locusts are unvulnerable in the sense that you can't target them anymore with an attack or a spell, which makes it somewhat difficult to damage them...

Oh yeah, create every possible situation with triggers for every possible place the unit can go to!

Like if I order it go somewhere the trigger will order it to go to:
Region 002 if it's between regions 001 and 002
Region 003 if it's between regions 002 and 003
etc. for every region pair.

Be realistic people -_-

Oh and don't start to talk about Castle Fight. It only has 2 regions and conditions. If the unit is in the top lane, then go to region 1, but if it's in the bottom lane, then go to region 2. Wow...

NOT for AoS or other maps!

thanks for helping

Thanks guys, i have now solved my problem. My map will be finished within just hmm 24 hours.:)

create 2 types of the unit, one with locust and one without it, then replace it (if you want to have control over it after some time)

create 2 types of the unit, one with locust and one without it, then replace it (if you want to have control over it after some time)

It's gonna give undesirable effects since it has locust. It cannot be targeted by spells and to the fact that it cannot be picked by Unit Groups in triggers.

actually it can be picked...
how would you order a dummy unit if it couln't be selected somehow?

It can be picked in some Pick Every Unit... actions, but most cannot pick it.

You command dummy units after you create them with the 'Last Created Unit' reference.

...which doesn't solve the problem of them being invulnerable and untargetable.

What I mean to say is that it cannot be picked by UGs of custom spells that use UGs..

Understand? You cannot detect "Last created unit" unless it is created within the trigger..

he just want to disable player control, this solves this problem, but you can't use the unit for some action

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.