How to: Modify the World Editor's Trigger Editor

I'd like for you to make a fix in the tutorial, it's a generel rule that you should use "Units\UnitGlobalStrings.txt" instead of "UI\WorldEditStrings.txt", since it's less likely to be updated, mostly because it haven't been changed in any of the patches sofar, and thus it's alot easier to keep your "mod" compatible with the newest patch. Just a little pointer if you want to follow the common standard. :)

I have another question about this.

Do you think there would be any problems when you update Warcraft to a newer version?
Such as, will it be unable to find some files, or something similar?

good job +rep

yeah the german WE is in English now^^
but not the spell names...(where to edit them=)
PS: thx

Could i make a new... Dunno what its called.

things like "triggering unit", "last created unit".
But a Custom Script. :p

So you could use locals ^^

Edit:

Could you also make a "Create Local" Action?

my point remov doesnt work:
TC_Leak_removal=WESTRING_TRIGCAT_Leak_removal,ReplaceableTextures\WorldEditUI\Actions-Logical

RemoveLocation=0,location
_RemoveLocation_Defaults=_
_RemoveLocation_Category=TC_Leak_removal

What do you mean by "Doesn't Work"? It's not that specific. >_>

Anywho. Did you add strings? Does Actions-Logical exist (Don't have the file right now XP)

I'm having a problem adding my own functions. I can't see what I'm doing wrong. Here is what I have added:

TriggerData.txt:

TC_MY_FUNCTIONS=WESTRING_TRIGCAT_MY_FUNCTIONS,ReplaceableTextures\WorldEditUI\Actions-SetVariables
^ It adds a space between "Worl" and "dEditUI". I don't know why but it is together.

RemoveLocation=0,location
_RemoveLocation_Defaults=_
_RemoveLocation_Category=TC_MY_FUNCTIONS

TriggerStrings.txt:

RemoveLocation="Remove Location"
RemoveLocation="Remove "~Location
RemoveLocationHint=

It gives me a MissingString error.

16gzz3s.png

Is there something I have forgot?

You never added strings for TC_MY_FUNCTIONS=WESTRING_TRIGCAT_MY_FUNCTIONS

It's under WorldEditStrings.txt.

Look for the things that go TC_XXX="Blah"

Add it anywhere you want under [TriggerActionStrings]

Ok. So far we've learned how to implement an action from JASS and create new categories. What's in store next? Events and Conditions!

Alright. Take five!

Back already? Alright. After a good rest, you should be ready to learn how to make Conditions. They're really simple!

Look for [TriggerConditions]

A condition looks like:

Code:
OperatorCompareAbilityId=1,abilcode,EqualNotEqualOperator,abilcode
_OperatorCompareAbilityId_Defaults=GetSpellAbilityId,OperatorEqualENE,AUan
_OperatorCompareAbilityId_Category=TC_CONDITIONWell, since Location comparisons are already in GUI, we'll make a Trackable conmparison! Now, look at the code.

OperatorCopmareAbilityId=1,abilcode,EqualNotEqualOperator,abilcode. These are the parameters, or arguments, that the comparison takes. In the Trigger Editor it looks like:

Anyone will look and know that the first and third are abilities, and that abilcode means the ability's raw code. EqualNotEqualOperator is the Equal To/Not Equal To comparison operator.

So, to create our comparison we do:

Code:
OperatorCompareTrackable=1,trackable,EqualNotEqualOperator,trackable
_OperatorCompareTrackable_Default=_,OperatorEqualENE,_
_OperatorCompareTrackable_Category=TC_CONDITONThen in TriggerStrings.txt

Code:
OperatorCompareTrackable="Trackable Comparison"
OperatorCompareTrackable=~trackable," ",~Operator," ",~trackable
OperatorCompareTrackableHint=Now, anyone with knowledge of the Variable

im sorry but is this in the same txt file?

Code:
OperatorCompareTrackable=1,trackable,EqualNotEqualOperator,trackable
_OperatorCompareTrackable_Default=_,OperatorEqualENE,_
_OperatorCompareTrackable_Category=TC_CONDITONThen in TriggerStrings.txt
That's in TriggerData.txt
Code:
OperatorCompareTrackable="Trackable Comparison"
OperatorCompareTrackable=~trackable," ",~Operator," ",~trackable
OperatorCompareTrackableHint=Now, anyone with knowledge of the Variable
That's in TriggerStrings.txt

I don't understand how the game knows what the function is like when you make a unit jump, then how do you make it for the WE to know that it has too jump?

You add functions into [del]Map Header[/del] Library, then using the UI, create a reference interface to that function. That's what your GUI is anyways, a reference interface to JASS functions.

Map Header Library? Is that the trigger data.txt? I still don't get how your knock back works in EGUI or jump.

:rolleyes: I think you misunderstood, Map Header is crossed out (Because I prefer Libraries :D) and I'm using Libraries in EGUI.

But when you had knock back in EGUI, I clicked the link and i got a code. Were did you put the code?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.