How u become a admin?

You have to have a long standing service to the forum, act maturely on the forums, etc. Most of it is pretty obvious. Ask TH for specifics; he's the one who decides.

um....................................

who th?

edit: i accdentally said ts sry

You pm him... And this should have really gone in general discussion... Not a good start if you want to be an admin. :D

(that is the sort of thing to ask that will not elevate you to admin status ;) )

Perhaps you should ... look around a bit? He will probably see this and respond personally (we had a similiar post about trying to become a mod recently in general discussion or something).

Act maturely (having website exp. helps a lot too), be knowledgeable about this sort of thing (computers and video games, etc.), be polite to others and kind to noobs ... new members, sorry, b-net slang sticks for a while. Use Proper Grammar and Spelling! Without it, I'd say you have 0.000000000001% of become an administrator ...

Btw, how much of this site have you looked into? You aren't even a special member yet (moderation powers over your own posts, primarily), and have some negative rep, so I'd try and aim a little lower than an admin ;)

If you stick with this site for a while, the grammar, knowledge, and politeness should come naturally. Your typing should adjust almost automatically as YOU adjust to this site ...

Don't flame anyone! "Flaming is like the special olympics; even if you win, you are still retarded"

Usually, you start out as a new member, then rise in ranks and become a special member, then after you have picked up a lot of maturity and knowledge, you are usually appointed to become a mod. THEN, after hanging around for a while (and usually when another admin leaves) and helping people, you become an admin (muahahahaha).

So, I'd say, first thigns first: Work on grammar and clear that negative rep :shades:.

Btw, I am a major grammar cop; even if I don't say anything, I will remember it and automatically lower my opinion of you (subconciouslly, of course :p).

Alert! Alert! Code 57 - B at sector 12, quadrant 4! Outbound on S. 42 Ave.!

SilverHawk said:
act maturely on the forums, etc.

Damn, I'm screwed! -.- YOU RUINED MY DREAMS, SILVER!

;)

lol

lol, and one more question, how do you get the green bars or the reds ones by your "posts"? :confused: :confused: :confused:

how come you have -1000?

how come you have -1000?

I pick the administrators. They are usually long time members of the site - people I trust implicitly. There is really no guide I can give you - the answers in this thread are good information though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.