How Would I Display the Name of a Neutral Passive Structure?

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I noticed that Circles of Power display "Circle of Power" above them when you hover over them. I was wondering if I would be able to do that somehow for another building? I wanted to make Circles of Power that displayed what moving onto them did.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
I dont know an exact answer but i do know this: A LOT of things in wc3 are hardcoded so i wouldnt spend a lot of time on something that may not be possible to change.

You could do something like this tho:

Trigger:
  • Text
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = position of First Circle of Power
      • Floating Text - Create Floating Text at Temp_Point that reads ... of the size ... offset in the z direction by ~20 points
      • Set Temp_Point = position of Second Circle of Power
      • Floating Text - Create Floating Text at Temp_Point that reads ... of the size ... offset in the z direction by ~20 points
      • Etc.
      • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
I might be wrong.

But i think that all 'Neutral Passive' structures have that function.
So basically just make the owner become Neutral Passive and it should show the 'name' of the unit/structure.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
I dont believe so, as far as i know taverns and other neutral passive structures dont do that, but i could be wrong, you could test this out and post the results squeek :)

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I did make them neutral passive. I thought that was how it functioned, too. Lol. Well, I will have to use floating text, I guess. I hate using it. <( >.<)>

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I thought that was the name of the owning player, like when you hover over a hero and it shows the owner's name, the hero's name and its level.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.