I am having trouble getting a melee map to work

The Game

Reaction score
I have had very little experience with the wc3 world editor, and i am trying to make a melee map. Every time time I try to save a map, it pops up with an error message and says that the melee initialization trigger equals null and then the thing in the bottom corner stops saying its a melee map. When I try to test it before this point, it will load the map but the main buildings won't appear at the start locations, and afterwards, when I test it, it will just give me an error message. I do believe I have the latest versions of both the map editor and wc3, I am pretty sure I am doing all the basic things correctly, such as mineral distance and what not, and I have followed tutorials perfectly but gotten the same results. Any suggestions?

Another thing, wc3 quits out half the time when loading maps. Don't think it's related, but who knows?

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I would suggest reinstalling WC3 as it sounds like it's being pretty buggy. As far as no-longer-a-melee-map goes, have you done anything in the Trigger Editor? If so, it doesn't take much at all to make it no longer a melee map.

Marvic June B. Corpuz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
A melee map can be edited. Unlike protected maps it doesn't cause the world editor to crash. Protected maps always crash the editor. If you haven't change anything in the melee trigger, there should be no error unless, your world editor is bugged... try to install again the wc3.. you can copy it at any internet cafe.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.