Icons for abilities that are iconless.

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Example: Slow Aura(Tornado) has no icon, neither does Create Corpse, or Phoenix Fire, can somebody give me a screenshot of the trigger that must be used to give them icons? I'm aware there needs to be a hero dummy ability which you learn, and a dummy unit ability that has 4 levels which you learn through the trigger, and has no icon. Please help, and thank you in advance!

robinremue

Reaction score
Give them icons in the object editor?

Go to the abilities tab in the object editor and change the icon paths of the abilities you want... I think, seems logical to me...

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Nah, I always give all of my abilities icons, it has a research icon, but dissapears(no tooltip or anything) after it is learned, although the ability still functions properly. There are just certain abilities like this, like the 3 I listed above, and Perm Invisi, you've never fiddled around with those before?

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
Nah, I always give all of my abilities icons, it has a research icon, but dissapears(no tooltip or anything) after it is learned, although the ability still functions properly. There are just certain abilities like this, like the 3 I listed above, and Perm Invisi, you've never fiddled around with those before?

just add an ability that does nothing when you learn, lets say "create corspe"

Code:
unit - add ability create corpse(dummy ability) to peasent 001<Gen>

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Oh, I see.. I didn't specify enough, this isn't just an ability a unit will passively have, I need it for a *hero* ability, so it levels up, shows the icon, and still works as planned, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Event:
- A unit learns a skill
Conditions:
- (Learned Hero skill) equal to <ability that can be learned but doesn't show>
Actions:
If Level of <ability you can see and use> for (Triggering unit) equal to 0 then
- Unit - Add <ability you can see and use> to (Triggering unit)
Else
- Unit - Increase level of <ability you can see and use> for (Triggering unit)

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks a bunch Ace--now although this probably isn't very important, is this all in a boolean comparison? And "ability you can see and use" those are all going to be the same ability?

Even with those questions unanswered, I should be able to figure it out. You've my highest regards.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> is this all in a boolean comparison?

"Learned hero skill" is "Hero skill comparison",
"Level of ability" can be found under "integer comparison".

> And "ability you can see and use" those are all going to be the same ability?

Preferably, yes.

BarzahdX

Reaction score
YES!! It worked! Now however, you mixed'em up--if ability learned equal to the dummy, then the rest are the invisible, actual ability. It was a little confusing to find the integer comparison, but I'm extremely in your debt. I love you guys, y'all got all my answers. :p /bow

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.