Is it anywere near possible.... (pertaining to WoW)

Knif3Point

Reaction score
extract map files? such as wsg gulch / other BGs?
you can kinda tell that they might possibly use a super version of WE
to design some of the terrain,
its really evedant wen u can see how they did the terrain with pre-tiles
basically the ones u use in WE =]

Reaction score
Probly , And even if you did it would be impossible to open them with the world editor. And wow terrain editor i believe uses some paint type thing. where you paint the ground.

Charapanga

Reaction score
I agree with TriggerHappy, you cant open it with Warcraft III world editor, and if you could, the map file would be giant, beacuse of all the custom doodads, destructables, terrain, etc.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
You'd would need to use the WOW editor or something like that or make wc3 be able to open such large maps and the map type by editing the WE. I believe the we is made from Delphi 7 and you can hack it using DLL's like Gimore. Even if you did, you wouldn't be able to play it online. The best way is to terrain it in WE from scratch.

Charapanga

Reaction score
I agree with D.V.D. all of the WoW terrain can be replicated in WE for Arathi, just make a few cliffs, add ramps and add jump spells to unit to make it more wow-like

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
It IS possible, most likely with a lil' bit of extracting, but probably won't be accepted on most sites. For most major wc3 sites, WoW extracting is kind of unacceptable. (Except for some Russian sites =P [like xgm.ru or whatever it is])

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.