Items changing a hero's damage

Bauf

Reaction score
I'm trying to make it so when a hero picks up an item it changes his white base damage instead of adding the +green damage. I've tried using upgrades but you can't lower the level of an upgrade; You can only increase it.

I know it is possible because I've seen a map called "Legacies: Tides of the Serpent" do it before. Does anyone know a way to do this?

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
Replace with another hero (time consuming with alot of items) or add to primary stat instead (if the primary stat is the same for every hero).

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
You use a loop that adds a +1 permanent damage tome to the hero , and when he drops it you run the loop again but with a -1 permanent damage.

For interger 1 to (custom value of (item being manipulated))

Then you give the hero the item so many times. Set the custom value of the items when they enter gameplay , so example sword gives 18 damage, loop runs 18 times adds 18 damage. He drops it loop runs 18 times he loses 18 damage.

Bauf

Reaction score
The + damage tome almost worked until I discovered you can't make the integer for that spell a negative number. Any other ideas?

Iwan_Krissov

Reaction score
shift-click on the value and than change it to "-1" ...
but I cant tell you if this is really gonna decrease the stats of the hero, you will have to test it out ...

Bauf

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch. Hrm... are there any other interesting things that shift click can do?

Iwan_Krissov

Reaction score
As far as i know, shift-clicking ignores any limitations for values of reals and integers (dont know about other variables), so be careful with it, using astronomic values may crash the game...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.