just need a few info

pneric

Reaction score
Im making a skill that's kinda or exactly like DotA's Nerubian Weaver's Time Lapse. Basically what it does is it returns you to where you were X seconds ago. X depends on the level of the skill, so level 1 might be 5 seconds ago, level 2 can be 4 seconds ago etc. Can someone help me designing this skill? Im not really good in JASS but i heard this skill can be done using GUI triggers only.

I also built this skill where your hero teleports to a random area in the map along with its target but my skill is not so random. It always teleports to the same spots from my previous games. Is this what they call leaking?

Lastly, i need custom icons and spell effects, know where i can get any? :D

Thanks!

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Im making a skill that's kinda or exactly like DotA's Nerubian Weaver's Time Lapse. <> Can someone help me designing this skill? Im not really good in JASS but i heard this skill can be done using GUI triggers only.
It's amazing what you can find when you search... http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73397

I also built this skill where your hero teleports to a random area in the map along with its target but my skill is not so random. It always teleports to the same spots from my previous games. Is this what they call leaking?
No, leaking is when some information is stored into memory, but never removed, so memory usage will grow and grow, the game will lag, etc. I recommend this tutorial about memory leaks.

You might be always teleporting to the same spot if you're always testing your map from World Editor, and have "Use Fixed Random Seed" turn on in the Test Map section of the World Editor preferences. That option makes it so that random numbers will always give the same sequence of results when testing the map. Otherwise, you'd have to show us your trigger so we could help.

Lastly, i need custom icons and spell effects, know where i can get any? :D
I'm surprised you don't know about The Hive Workshop. It has a lot of resources.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.