Leaderboard having 2 Teams???

GfameVideos

Reaction score
I need help with this:

I created this leaderboard, but later i noticed its for all players alone.
Which is pretty obviosu tho, but i wasnt paying attention to that :D.

I want the Leaderboard to have 2 Things. First saying: Red Team
and below that: Blue Team.

And after the team names, i want the kills that team has made overall.
Also im using PlayerTeam1 and PlayerTeam2 Variables for the teams.

Can someone please make that? :S

So basicly, if PlayerTeam1 makes a kill it adds to red team, and same for the other team.

And if 50 kills are reached, the game is over. Thanks!

GfameVideos

Reaction score
Use Multiboards. You can find a tutorial on it.

Why not leaderboards? looks way cooler to me i think

Well, ur probably right! :D I try that! thanks.

(Ill Come back to this thread if i can't seem to make 1)
So guys u don't have to post, but thats your call :D

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Leaderboards can only show players with their corresponding points. Thus, a leaderboard is very limited and is only usually used to track how many kills a player have, etc.

Multiboards are very versatile. You can have multiple columns and rows, and you can set the size of each column or row. A multiboard can show anything, (ex. unit stats, number of deaths and kills, number of items owned, level of hero). Thus, in your case, you need a multiboard, not a leaderboard.

GfameVideos

Reaction score
Leaderboards can only show players with their corresponding points. Thus, a leaderboard is very limited and is only usually used to track how many kills a player have, etc.

Multiboards are very versatile. You can have multiple columns and rows, and you can set the size of each column or row. A multiboard can show anything, (ex. unit stats, number of deaths and kills, number of items owned, level of hero). Thus, in your case, you need a multiboard, not a leaderboard.

k thx, i think i can do it myself, well atleast that the kills goes to the teams.. but if i want it more like 'First row: Red Team, then all players of red team. Then Blue Team and then all players of blue team with kills and deaths.
But i have no idea how to make it that far! :D

So i can post my multiboard here soon, and can u check how to improve? :D

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
k thx, i think i can do it myself, well atleast that the kills goes to the teams.. but if i want it more like 'First row: Red Team, then all players of red team. Then Blue Team and then all players of blue team with kills and deaths.
But i have no idea how to make it that far! :D

So i can post my multiboard here soon, and can u check how to improve? :D

Sure. Just post your triggers if you're stuck. That's what this helpers forum is meant for. :thup:

GfameVideos

Reaction score
Ok, im not exactly stuck yet, but i can do all nonsense stuff i want, but if i want it the way i want it eventually. It will have to be removed anyways.
So that fails :(

The thing im trying to get is, it doesn't only say Red Team & Blue Team or Players. It says both.

Like:
Player/Team:|Kills:|Deaths:
Red Team 10 10
Play1 6 8
Play2 0 2
Play3 4
Play4
Play5
Blue Team
same as above

So Team represents, the team kill total and death total.
But the hard part is how i make it detect how many players there are (ur balance Trigger,Which i dont get :p) and then add them to the multiboard.

Its so hard :( :p I didn't try to add the teams yet tho, cause im gonna get stuck bigtime then. Cause i don't know how to combine :D

Here is what i have:

Trigger:
  • BC CT Multiboard
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and (1 + Player_Count) rows, titled Body Count:Classic ...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Team/Player:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row 1 to Kills:
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row 1 to Deaths:
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (1 + Player_Count), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Show icons
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 2.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 8.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to 2.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row (Integer A) to 8.00% of the total screen width
      • Set List = 2
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) and (((Matching player) controller) Equal to User))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Picked player))] = List
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row List to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNVillagerMan.blp
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row List to (Player_Colors[(Player number of (Picked player))] + ((Name of (Picked player)) + |r))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row List to 0
          • Set List = (List + 1)
      • Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)

Trigger:
  • BC CT Player Deaths
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Dying unit)) controller) Equal to User)
    • Actions
      • Set Death_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Death_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] + 1)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 4, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] to (String(Death_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]))

Trigger:
  • BC CT Player Kills
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Owner of (Killing unit)) controller) Equal to User
    • Actions
      • Set Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row Multiboard_Spots[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] to (String(Kill_Count[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))

Needs to be added: Red & Blue team with kills/deaths total & maybie fixes if i did something wrong.

I am sorry to waste ur time here, (again). But i have no idea how to continue.
If u don't wanna waste ur time, don't :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.